- Types Of Speech
- You can use plain as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Plain
- A 1 syllables article and 5 letters with the letters a, i, l, n, and p, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Plain starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pl, pla, plai, and the ending characters are n, in, ain, lain, ..
- A basic knitting stitch
- Anglo Norman
- School Grade
- Plain is set as a grade one word that starts with p, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is plain a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Plain in Pig Latin is said as "ainplay or ainplway".
- p | l | a | i | n
- pl | la | ai | in
- pla | lai | ain
- plai | lain
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a basic knitting stitch
- extensive tract of level open land;
"they emerged from the woods onto a vast open plain";
"he longed for the fields of his youth"
- Verb Examples
- express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness;
"My mother complains all day";
"She has a lot to kick about"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- lacking embellishment or ornamentation;
"a plain hair style";
"unembellished white walls";
"functional architecture featuring stark unornamented concrete"
- lacking in physical beauty or proportion;
"a homely child";
"several of the buildings were downright homely";
"a plain girl with a freckled face"
- free from any effort to soften to disguise;
"the plain and unvarnished truth";
"the unvarnished candor of old people and children"
- comprehensible to the general public;
"written for the popular press in plain nontechnical language"
- clearly apparent or obvious to the mind or senses;
"the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields";
"made his meaning plain";
"it is plain that he is no reac
- not mixed with extraneous elements;
"not an unmixed blessing"
- lacking stylistic embellishment;
"a literal description";
"wrote good but plain prose";
"a plain unadorned account of the coronation";
"a forthright unembellished style"
- Article Examples
- lacking patterns especially in color
- not elaborate or elaborated;
"stuck to the plain facts";
"a plain blue suit";
"a plain rectangular brick building"
- Adverb Examples
- unmistakably (`plain' is often used informally for `plainly');
"the answer is obviously wrong";
"she was in bed and evidently in great pain";
"he was manifestly too important to leave off the guest list";
"it is all patently nonsense";
"she has apparent
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
|Aboriginal||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Abrupt||surprisingly and unceremoniously brusque in manner|
"an abrupt reply"
|Absolute||something that is conceived to be absolute|
something that does not depends on anything else and is beyond human control
"no mortal being can influence the absolute"
|Absolutely||totally and definitely|
"we are absolutely opposed to the idea"
"he forced himself to lie absolutely still"
"iron is absolutely necessary"
|Abstainer||a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages|
|Aeroplane||an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets|
"the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
|Affable||diffusing warmth and friendliness|
"an affable smile"
"an amiable gathering"
"a cordial greeting"
"a genial host"
|Agaze||(used of eyes) open and fixed as if in fear or wonder|
|Aggregate||the whole amount|
View all cognitive synonyms for Plain
|Lapin||castrated male rabbit|
|Plain||a basic knitting stitch|
View English words with the unique letters used in plain. Words With The Letters Ailnp
|Knit||needlework created by interlacing yarn in a series of connected loops using straight eyeless needles or by machine|
|Negative Feelings||Describe plain||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Pintail (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||pintail|
|Lapin (5 letters)||7||10||plain|
|Plain (5 letters)||7||10||plain|
|Salpinx (7 letters)||16 +9||19 +9||salpinx|
|Plaint (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||plaint|
|Alpinia (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +2||alpinia|
|Spinal (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||plains|
|Ptyalin (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||inaptly|
|Pliant (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||plaint|
|Nuptial (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||nuptial|
|Plainly (7 letters)||12 +5||15 +5||plainly|
|In Play (7 letters)|
|Unplain (7 letters)||9 +2||14 +4||unplain|
|Plains (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +1||plains|
|Inaptly (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +4||inaptly|
|Pallini (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||aiillnp|
|Paulina (7 letters)||9 +2||13 +3||paulina|
Plain Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters