- Types Of Speech
- You can use affliction as a noun in a sentence.
- About Affliction
- A 3 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters a, c, f, i, l, n, o, and t, 6 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters ic. Affliction starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, af, aff, affl, affli, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ction, . Affliction is also a double consonant (ff) word. View the double consonant words list.
- A cause of great suffering and distress
- Old French
- Compound Words
- A compound word, affliction has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are afflict, and ion.
- School Grade
- Affliction is set as a sat word that starts with a, ends with n, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Affliction in Pig Latin is said as "afflictionay or afflictionway".
- a | f | f | l | i | c | t | i | o | n
- af | ff | fl | li | ic | ct | ti | io | on
- aff | ffl | fli | lic | ict | cti | tio | ion
- affl | ffli | flic | lict | icti | ctio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a cause of great suffering and distress
- a condition of suffering or distress due to ill health
- a state of great suffering and distress due to adversity
|Abnormality||behavior that breaches the rule or etiquette or custom or morality|
|Accent||a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation|
|Adversity||a stroke of ill fortune|
a calamitous event
"a period marked by adversities"
|Affection||a positive feeling of liking|
"he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"
"the child won everyone''s heart"
|Affectionateness||a quality proceeding from feelings of affection or love|
|Aggravation||action that makes a problem or a disease (or its symptoms) worse|
"the aggravation of her condition resulted from lack of care"
|Ailment||an often persistent bodily disorder or disease|
a cause for complaining
View all cognitive synonyms for Affliction
|Affliction||a cause of great suffering and distress|
View English words with the unique letters used in affliction. Words With The Letters Acfilnot
|Afflict||cause bodily suffering to|
|Trouble||an effort that is inconvenient|
"I went to a lot of trouble"
"he won without any trouble"
"had difficulty walking"
"finished the test only with great difficulty"
|Attack||a decisive manner of beginning a musical tone or phrase|
|Bane||something causes misery or death;|
"the bane of my life"
|Calvary||any experience that causes intense suffering|
|Curse||profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger;|
"expletives were deleted"
|Martyrdom||any experience that causes intense suffering|
|Nemesis||(Greek mythology) the goddess of divine retribution and vengeance|
|Scourge||a whip used to inflict punishment (often used for pedantic humor)|
|Torment||the act of harassing someone|
|Trial||the act of testing something;|
"in the experimental trials the amount of carbon was measured separately";
"he called each flip of the coin a new trial"
|Tribulation||an annoying or frustrating or catastrophic event;|
"his mother-in-law''s visits were a great trial for him";
"life is full of tribulations";
"a visitation of the plague"
View All Hyponyms For Affliction
Affliction Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters