I will be using all user searches which is above 500 thousand now - to use as a guide on how to improve You Go Words. Every word search, regardless if is an error or success - provides me an idea of what should be included if it's not already available, and I will be working to ensure every word find will be implemented for use. Please be patient with me as I am a single fello working on You Go Words. Thank you for being a user. You can currently find all words lists and answers for any word such as the definition, synonym, antonym, anagram or spelling, derivative, hyponym and hypernym, pertainym and much more. Using the quantum word finder search bar above, you can filter words by the type of speech. The type of speech filters available include articles, singular or plural nouns, pronouns, adjectives, singular or plural verbs, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections.
Word lists by grade level from kindergarden to SAT words, the origin or roots of the word, syllables, length, consonants, vowels, letters and by unique sets of letters. Because English can have more than one type of speech (noun, verb, etc.), I provide you the types of speech I was able to find for each English word. Please use the "add/edit" word feature if you find errors.
How To Use The Word Finder
When you use the quantum virtual word search at the top of this page, you can filter your words in thousands of ways. Use the following cheat sheet to get an idea of the how you can use the finder to craft your search and to get the exact lists of words you desire!
The following searches can be done seperately as individual searches, or, as a combination together to make a super filter word find. You can type using the quantum search box at the top of this page, wich is found throughout every page of this website. Type whatever it is you are searching for, exactly as you want to type it. If you want to find words starting with a-z and have two consonants or 4 vowels - you can say just that ( Words starting with a, have two consonants and four vowels ). Give that search a try. Here are the word find filters you can include in your word search.
Main Style Of User Queries
- Length queries are in the format of : 5 letter words, words with 3 letters, 3 letter
- Solving puzzles is as simple as entering JUST the characters you need such as: blariueiuskjd and using underscore for missing letters such as : wo__s
- Although not recommended, you can search with spaces : w o r d s
- To find words by the first, second, third or up to the eight letter of a word. You can type "words with the 8th letter s, or words with the eighth letter s
- Finding words "without" consonants or vowels, requires you to say that. "Words without consonants". You can also find "words with all vowels", "words with no vowels" and "words with the vowels aie"
- Search by saying "double" consonants/vowels and you'll find words with double vowels, or double consonants. By saying triple, quadrupal, etc. - you're then saying "words with three vowels in a row, or four consonants in a row" but it won't provide a list of words that do not exist such as words with three of the same vowels/consonants in a row - which is why saying "triple,quadrupal,etc." is not the same as saying "double". Double means two o's or two r's, etc.
Word Filter Finding
- Grade Level: kindergarten, or grade 1-12 or SAT words.
- Speech type: Article, Nouns, pronoun, verb, adjective, satellite adjectives, preposition, conjunction, interjections, etc.
- Singular/Plural: find words that are singular or plural by adding that to your search. " singular words ", "plural words"
- Compound Words: simply add the phrase compound words, or that are compound or similar addition to your search
- Origin: if you're searching for words of a specific root language, or origin. What is the origin? Example: scottish origins
- Language: For names only, you can include language in your search and include origin as well. Example: girl names with scottish roots that are korean language
- Starts With letter: starts with d, starting with a, etc.
- Ends with letter: ends with d, ending with d, etc.
- Spelled like, or containing: A unique tool. Find all words spelling like or containing a set of characters. Example: "spelled with out", or "containing out" will give you words that have the spelling of "out", such as about, youth, without, shout
- Length: how long of a word? five letter words, words with 6 letters.
- Consonants: single or double consonants, such as mississippi with two s's and two p's. Search for words with 1-9 consonants. Simple search for double consonant words. To find words with any two consonants in a row, simply search for "# consonants in a row".
- Vowels: The same search as consonants, such as double vowel words and two vowels in a row like gail, blue, going, etc.
- Syllables: Words with two syllables, three syllables, single syllable words, etc.
- Letters: A unique tool to the web, exclusive to You Go Words (for now). Search "words with the letters ace or even find words that do not have the letters ace. You can not at this time combine both contain and not containing filters.
- Only the letters: You can find words with only the letters/characters you want, such as words with only the letters elvn. Which would give you, "eleven".
- Anagrams: Find anagrams which are words that can be made from another word. This includes repeating characters where as only the letters search does not.
- Unscramble? If you're just unscrambling a set of letters, enter just that set of letters such as soanntncoo . But if you need to add length, make sure you use "unscramble" in your search. Like: unscramble soanntncoo , 6 letter words
Combining Your Word Search
In the following search style, you can use any of the options mentioned above to filter your word lists. You can combine them (one of each) to have a drilled down word list of words. You can not combine the same filter such as two a's and two c's. But, here are some examples of advanced word finds you could search to list results.
- Words that are nouns (noun, pronoun, verbs, adjectives, etc.)
Learn more about parts of speech: UTexas.edu Speech.htm
- Words that end with a vowel or words that start with a vowel
- Words that end with a consonant or words that start with a cosnonant
- Words for grade 1 students (kindergarten, grade 1-12, SAT words)
- Words with Old English roots (root(s) or origin(s))
- 10 letter words
- words starting with a
- end in b | ending with the letters ing
- 7 consonants
- single vowel words
- single syllable words
- words with 3 syllables
- Words with the letters ace
- Words with only the letters ace
- words with 4 vowels
- words that do not have the letters ae
- list of words that do not have four vowels
Advanced Word List Combinations
Slightly more difficult searches, but you can perform them. The way you type, is up to you. You can even type in words, such as one, two, three and four.
- nouns for grade 1 students that start with a and have two vowels
- Words with seven letters starting with a
- 5 letter words with double vowels starting with a and 2 consonants
- 5 letter words with 3 consonants
- triple consonant words
- words with 4 consonants and 4 vowels
- Words with 5 consonants and the letters rst
- 9 letter words with 4 consonants and 2 syllables that do not have the letter a
- 7 letter words with double consonants and 2 vowels, with 1 syllable
- Find a word that ends with out and starts with a
Counting English Words With Filters
Sometimes we want to find out "how many" words contain certain filters, without the rest of the data. You can simply search "how many words" or "how many" to do this filtering. You could say, "count 9 letter words" and get the same answer as "how many words have 9 letters".