- Types Of Speech
- You can use allusion as a noun in a sentence.
- About Allusion
- A 3 syllables noun and 8 letters with the letters a, i, l, n, o, s, and u, 4 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters us. Allusion starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, al, all, allu, allus, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, sion, usion, . Allusion is also a double consonant (ll) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Passing reference or indirect mention
- School Grade
- Allusion is set as a sat word that starts with a, ends with n, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Allusion in Pig Latin is said as "allusionay or allusionway".
- a | l | l | u | s | i | o | n
- al | ll | lu | us | si | io | on
- all | llu | lus | usi | sio | ion
- allu | llus | lusi | usio | sion
- Word Gram
|Allegory||an expressive style that uses fictional characters and events to describe some subject by suggestive resemblances|
an extended metaphor
|Assumption||the act of taking possession of or power over something|
"his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"
"the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"
"he acquired all the company''s assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the compan
|Coloration||choice and use of colors (as by an artist)|
|Colouration||choice and use of colors (as by an artist)|
|Connotation||an idea that is implied or suggested|
|Deduction||the act of subtracting (removing a part from the whole)|
"he complained about the subtraction of money from their paychecks"
|Entailment||something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied)|
"his resignation had political implications"
|Glimmer||a slight suggestion or vague understanding|
"he had no inkling what was about to happen"
View all cognitive synonyms for Allusion
|Allusion||passing reference or indirect mention|
View English words with the unique letters used in allusion. Words With The Letters Ailnosu
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Allude||make a more or less disguised reference to|
"He alluded to the problem but did not mention it"
|Touch||the act of putting two things together with no space between them|
"at his touch the room filled with lights"
Allusion Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters