- Types Of Speech
- You can use ancient as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Ancient
- A 3 syllables adjective satellite and 7 letters with the letters a, c, e, i, n, and t, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter i. Ancient starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, an, anc, anci, ancie, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, ient, cient, ..
- Very old; "an ancient mariner"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Ancient is set as a grade five word that starts with a, ends with t, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is ancient a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Ancient in Pig Latin is said as "ancientay or ancientway".
- a | n | c | i | e | n | t
- an | nc | ci | ie | en | nt
- anc | nci | cie | ien | ent
- anci | ncie | cien | ient
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- very old;
"an ancient mariner"
- belonging to times long past especially of the historical period before the fall of the Western Roman Empire;
"ancient civilizations such as those of the Etruscans and Sumerians";
"an abiding belief"
|Abo||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aboriginal||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aborigine||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Above||appearing earlier in the same text|
"flaws in the above interpretation"
|Adoring||extravagantly or foolishly loving and indulgent|
"deceiving her preoccupied and doting husband with a young captain"
"hopelessly spoiled by a fond mother"
|Advanced||(of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry|
"an advanced country technologically"
|Advanced In Life|
|Advanced In Years|
|Aged||people who are old|
"special arrangements were available for the aged"
View all cognitive synonyms for Ancient
"an ancient mariner"
View English words with the unique letters used in ancient. Words With The Letters Aceint
|Old||past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old'')|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Tunicate (8 letters)||10 +1||13 +1||tunicate|
|Tenacity (8 letters)||13 +4||14 +2||tenacity|
|Canaanite (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||canaanite|
|Canetti (7 letters)||9||11||aceintt|
|Cyanite (7 letters)||12 +3||13 +1||cyanite|
|Nictate (7 letters)||9||11||aceintt|
|Vaccinate (9 letters)||16 +7||20 +8||vaccinate|
|Enunciate (9 letters)||11 +2||15 +3||aceeinntu|
|Inactive (8 letters)||13 +4||16 +4||inactive|
|Inexact (7 letters)||16 +7||18 +6||inexact|
|Ancient (7 letters)||9||12||ancient|
|Enatic (6 letters)||8||10||enatic|
|Excitant (8 letters)||17 +8||19 +7||excitant|
|Tetanic (7 letters)||9||11||aceintt|
|Nunciate (8 letters)||10 +1||14 +2||nunciate|
|Uncinate (8 letters)||10 +1||14 +2||nunciate|
|Unactive (8 letters)||13 +4||17 +5||unactive|
|Aceituna (8 letters)||10 +1||13 +1||aceituna|
Ancient Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters