- Types Of Speech
- You can use annihilate as a verb in a sentence.
- About Annihilate
- A 4 syllables verb and 10 letters with the letters a, e, h, i, l, n, and t, 5 consonants, 5 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters hi. Annihilate starts with and ends with a vowel with the starting letters a, an, ann, anni, annih, and the ending characters are e, te, ate, late, ilate, . Annihilate is also a double consonant (nn) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Kill in large numbers; "the plague wiped out an entire population"
- School Grade
- Annihilate is set as a sat word that starts with a, ends with e, 4 syllables, 5 vowels and 10 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Annihilate in Pig Latin is said as "annihilateay or annihilateway".
- a | n | n | i | h | i | l | a | t | e
- an | nn | ni | ih | hi | il | la | at | te
- ann | nni | nih | ihi | hil | ila | lat | ate
- anni | nnih | nihi | ihil | hila | ilat | late
- Word Gram
|Abate||become less in amount or intensity|
"The storm abated"
"The rain let up after a few hours"
|Abduce||advance evidence for|
|Abduct||pull away from the body|
"this muscle abducts"
|Abolish||do away with|
"Slavery was abolished in the mid-19th century in America and in Russia"
|Abrogation||the act of abrogating|
an official or legal cancellation
|Absolve||let off the hook|
"I absolve you from this responsibility"
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Abstraction||a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples|
View all cognitive synonyms for Annihilate
|Annihilate||kill in large numbers|
"the plague wiped out an entire population"
View English words with the unique letters used in annihilate. Words With The Letters Aehilnt
|Annihilation||destruction by annihilating something|
|Annihilator||a total destroyer|
|Decimation||destroying or killing a large part of the population (literally every tenth person as chosen by lot)|
|Demolition||the act of demolishing|
|Destruction||termination by an act of destruction|
"bomb tests resulted in the annihilation of the atoll"
|Extermination||the act of exterminating|
|Extinction||the act of extinguishing|
causing to stop burning
"the extinction of the lights"
|Obliteration||destruction by annihilating something|
|Wipeout||a spill in some sport (as a fall from a bicycle or while skiing or being capsized on a surfboard)|
|Kill||the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile|
"the pilot reported two kills during the mission"
Annihilate Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters