- Types Of Speech
- You can use apply as a verb in a sentence.
- About Apply
- A 2 syllables verb and 5 letters with the letters a, l, p, and y, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter p. Apply starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, ap, app, appl, and the ending characters are y, ly, ply, pply, . Apply is also a double consonant (pp) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "apply for a job"
- Old French
- Is apply a scrabble word? A 12 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Apply in Pig Latin is said as "applyay or applyway".
- a | p | p | l | y
- ap | pp | pl | ly
- app | ppl | ply
- appl | pply
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- ask (for something);
"He applied for a leave of absence";
"She applied for college";
"apply for a job"
- refer (a word or name) to a person or thing;
"He applied this racial slur to me!"
- put into service;
make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose;
"use your head!";
"we only use Spanish at home";
"I can't make use of this tool";
"apply a magnetic field here";
"This thinking was applied
- apply to a surface;
"She applied paint to the back of the house";
"Put on make-up!"
- give or convey physically;
"She gave him First Aid";
"I gave him a punch in the nose"
- ensure observance of laws and rules;
"apply the rules to everyone";
- avail oneself to;
"apply a principle";
"practice a religion";
"use care when going down the stairs";
"use your common sense";
"practice non-violent resistance"
- apply oneself to;
"Please apply yourself to your homework"
- be pertinent or relevant or applicable;
"The same laws apply to you!";
"This theory holds for all irrational numbers";
"The same rules go for everyone"
- be applicable to;
as to an analysis;
"This theory lends itself well to our new data"
|Accouter||provide with military equipment|
|Accoutre||provide with military equipment|
|Accredit||give credit for|
"She was not properly credited in the program"
|Acid||street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Administer||give or apply (medications)|
|Adopt||take into one''s family|
"They adopted two children from Nicaragua"
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
View all cognitive synonyms for Apply
|Apply||ask (for something)|
"He applied for a leave of absence"
"She applied for college"
"apply for a job"
View English words with the unique letters used in apply. Words With The Letters Alpy
|Applicant||a person who requests or seeks something such as assistance or employment or admission|
|Application||a diligent effort|
"it is a job requiring serious application"
|Applier||a device for applying a substance|
|Bespeak||express the need or desire for|
"She requested an extra bed in her room"
"She called for room service"
|Quest||the act of searching for something|
"a quest for diamonds"
|Request||a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority|
|Submit||accept or undergo, often unwillingly;|
"We took a pay cut"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Play (4 letters)||9||10||ylap|
|Apply (5 letters)||12||14||alppy|
|Pally (5 letters)||10||12||pally|
|Paly (4 letters)||9||10||ylap|
|Playa (5 letters)||10||11||playa|
Apply Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters