- Types Of Speech
- You can use arresting as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Arresting
- A 3 syllables adjective satellite and 9 letters with the letters a, e, g, i, n, r, s, and t, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter s. Arresting starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, ar, arr, arre, arres, and the ending characters are g, ng, ing, ting, sting, . Arresting is also a double consonant (rr) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Commanding attention; "an arresting drawing of people turning into animals"; "a sensational concert--one never to be forgotten"; "a stunning performance"
- Pig Latin
- Arresting in Pig Latin is said as "arrestingay or arrestingway".
- a | r | r | e | s | t | i | n | g
- ar | rr | re | es | st | ti | in | ng
- arr | rre | res | est | sti | tin | ing
- arre | rres | rest | esti | stin | ting
- Word Gram
|Academic||an educator who works at a college or university|
|Acid||street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
"the homecoming of the released hostages was an affecting scene"
"poignant grief cannot endure forever"
"his gratitude was simple and touching"
|Affectional||characterized by emotion|
|Affective||characterized by emotion|
|Aflare||streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air|
"ran quickly, her flaring coat behind her"
"flags waving in the breeze"
|Almighty||terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God|
|Amazing||inspiring awe or admiration or wonder|
"New York is an amazing city"
"the Grand Canyon is an awe-inspiring sight"
"the awesome complexity of the universe"
"this sea, whose gently awful stirrings seem to speak of some hidden soul beneath"- Melville
View all cognitive synonyms for Arresting
"an arresting drawing of people turning into animals"
"a sensational concert--one never to be forgotten"
"a stunning performance"
View English words with the unique letters used in arresting. Words With The Letters Aeginrst
|Impressive||producing a strong effect;|
"gave an impressive performance as Othello";
"a telling gesture"
Arresting Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With G
- Spelled With / Contains Letters