- Types Of Speech
- You can use awkward as a article or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Awkward
- A 2 syllables article and 7 letters with the letters a, d, k, r, and w, 5 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter w. Awkward starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters a, aw, awk, awkw, awkwa, and the ending characters are d, rd, ard, ward, kward, ..
- Not at ease socially; unsure and constrained in manner; "awkward and reserved at parties"; "ill at ease among eddies of people he didn''t know"; "was always uneasy with strangers"
- School Grade
- Awkward is set as a grade six word that starts with a, ends with d, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is awkward a scrabble word? A 18 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Awkward in Pig Latin is said as "awkwarday or awkwardway".
- a | w | k | w | a | r | d
- aw | wk | kw | wa | ar | rd
- awk | wkw | kwa | war | ard
- awkw | wkwa | kwar | ward
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- not at ease socially;
unsure and constrained in manner;
"awkward and reserved at parties";
"ill at ease among eddies of people he didn't know";
"was always uneasy with strangers"
- causing inconvenience;
"they arrived at an awkward time"
- hard to deal with;
especially causing pain or embarrassment;
"awkward (or embarrassing or difficult) moments in the discussion";
"an awkward pause followed his remark";
"a sticky question";
"in the unenviable position of resorting to an act he had planned
- not elegant or graceful in expression;
"an awkward prose style";
"a clumsy apology";
"his cumbersome writing style";
"if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"
- difficult to handle or manage especially because of shape;
"an awkward bundle to carry";
"a load of bunglesome paraphernalia";
"clumsy wooden shoes";
"the cello, a rather ungainly instrument for a girl"
- Article Examples
- lacking grace or skill in manner or movement or performance;
"an awkward dancer";
"an awkward gesture";
"too awkward with a needle to make her own clothes";
"his clumsy fingers produced an awkward knot"
|Abashed||feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious|
"felt abashed at the extravagant praise"
"chagrined at the poor sales of his book"
"was embarrassed by her child''s tantrums"
|Aegir||a high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary)|
|Afflicted||mentally or physically unfit|
|Agitated||troubled emotionally and usually deeply|
|Agonistic||struggling for effect|
|Altogether||informal terms for nakedness|
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
|Amateur||someone who pursues a study or sport as a pastime|
View all cognitive synonyms for Awkward
|Awkward||not at ease socially|
unsure and constrained in manner
"awkward and reserved at parties"
"ill at ease among eddies of people he didn''t know"
"was always uneasy with strangers"
View English words with the unique letters used in awkward. Words With The Letters Adkrw
|Uncomfortable||providing or experiencing physical discomfort;|
"an uncomfortable chair";
"an uncomfortable day in the hot sun"
|Negative Feelings||Describe awkward||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Awkward (7 letters)||18||18||awkward|
Awkward Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With A
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters