- Types Of Speech
- You can use balance as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Balance
- A 2 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters a, b, c, e, l, and n, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter a. Balance starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters b, ba, bal, bala, balan, and the ending characters are e, ce, nce, ance, lance, ..
- A scale for weighing; depends on pull of gravity
- Middle French
- Is balance a scrabble word? A 11 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Balance in Pig Latin is said as "alancebay or alancebway".
- b | a | l | a | n | c | e
- ba | al | la | an | nc | ce
- bal | ala | lan | anc | nce
- bala | alan | lanc | ance
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a scale for weighing;
depends on pull of gravity
- a wheel that regulates the rate of movement in a machine;
especially a wheel oscillating against the hairspring of a timepiece to regulate its beat
- an equivalent counterbalancing weight
- (mathematics) an attribute of a shape or relation;
exact correspondence of form on opposite sides of a dividing line or plane
- harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design);
"in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
- the seventh sign of the zodiac;
the sun is in this sign from about September 23 to October 22
- (astrology) a person who is born while the sun in in Libra
- equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- the difference between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account
- something left after other parts have been taken away;
"there was no remainder";
"he threw away the rest";
"he took what he wanted and I got the balance"
- equality of distribution
- a state of equilibrium
- Verb Examples
- hold or carry in equilibrium
- compute credits and debits of an account
- bring into balance or equilibrium;
"She has to balance work and her domestic duties";
"balance the two weights"
- be in equilibrium;
"He was balancing on one foot"
|Abidance||the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)|
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Account||the quality of taking advantage|
"she turned her writing skills to good account"
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
View all cognitive synonyms for Balance
|Balance||a scale for weighing|
depends on pull of gravity
View English words with the unique letters used in balance. Words With The Letters Abceln
|Scale||a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals|
|Microbalance||balance for weighing very small objects|
|Steelyard||a portable balance consisting of a pivoted bar with arms of unequal length|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Bel Canto (9 letters)|
|Barnacle (8 letters)||12 +1||16 +1||barnacle|
|Balancer (8 letters)||12 +1||16 +1||barnacle|
|Balance (7 letters)||11||15||balance|
|Barcelona (9 letters)||13 +2||17 +2||eraanolcb|
|Celebrant (9 letters)||13 +2||17 +2||celebrant|
|Constable (9 letters)||13 +2||17 +2||constable|
|Unbalance (9 letters)||13 +2||19 +4||unbalance|
|Carbuncle (9 letters)||15 +4||21 +6||carbuncle|
|Countable (9 letters)||13 +2||18 +3||countable|
|Albescent (9 letters)||13 +2||17 +2||albescent|
|Cleanable (9 letters)||13 +2||18 +3||cleanable|
|Unactable (9 letters)||13 +2||18 +3||unactable|
|Balcone (7 letters)||11||15||abcelno|
|Balancers (9 letters)||13 +2||17 +2||balancers|
Balance Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters