- Types Of Speech
- You can use boom as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Boom
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters b, m, and o, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Boom starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters b, bo, boo, and the ending characters are m, om, oom, . Boom is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- Any of various more-or-less horizontal spars or poles used to extend the foot of a sail or for handling cargo or in mooring
- School Grade
- Boom is set as a kindergarten word that starts with b, ends with m, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is boom a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Boom in Pig Latin is said as "oombay or oombway".
- b | o | o | m
- bo | oo | om
- boo | oom
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- any of various more-or-less horizontal spars or poles used to extend the foot of a sail or for handling cargo or in mooring
- a pole carrying an overhead microphone projected over a film or tv set
- a deep prolonged loud noise
- a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money);
"the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed lik an assembly line"
- a state of economic prosperity
- Verb Examples
- grow stronger;
"The economy was booming"
- hit hard;
"He smashed a 3-run homer"
- make a deep hollow sound;
"Her voice booms out the words of the song"
- make a resonant sound, like artillery;
"His deep voice boomed through the hall"
- be the case that thunder is being heard;
"Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
|Access||the act of approaching or entering|
"he gained access to the building"
|Accession||the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)|
"Elizabeth''s accession in 1558"
|Accretion||(law) an increase in a beneficiary''s share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)|
|Accrual||the act of accumulating|
|Accrue||grow by addition|
"The interest accrues"
|Accruement||the act of accumulating|
|Accumulate||collect or gather|
"Journals are accumulating in my office"
"The work keeps piling up"
|Accumulation||the act of accumulating|
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
|Addition||the act of adding one thing to another|
"the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect"
"the addition of a leap day every four years"
View all cognitive synonyms for Boom
|Boom||any of various more-or-less horizontal spars or poles used to extend the foot of a sail or for handling cargo or in mooring|
View English words with the unique letters used in boom. Words With The Letters Bmo
|Spar||making the motions of attack and defense with the fists and arms|
a part of training for a boxer
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Bosom (5 letters)||9 +1||11 +1||bosom|
|Wombat (6 letters)||13 +5||15 +5||wombat|
|Bombus (6 letters)||12 +4||16 +6||bbmosu|
|Bombyx (6 letters)||22 +14||24 +14||bombyx|
|A Bomb (6 letters)|
|Bomb (4 letters)||10 +2||13 +3||bomb|
|Boom (4 letters)||8||10||boom|
|Bottom (6 letters)||10 +2||12 +2||bottom|
|Broom (5 letters)||9 +1||11 +1||broom|
|Ambo (4 letters)||8||10||abmo|
|Tomb (4 letters)||8||10||tomb|
|Umbo (4 letters)||8||11 +1||umbo|
|Womb (4 letters)||11 +3||13 +3||womb|
|OMB (3 letters)||7||9||omb|
|Mob (3 letters)||7||9||omb|
|Bombay (6 letters)||15 +7||17 +7||bombay|
|Zomba (5 letters)||18 +10||20 +10||zomba|
|Tomboy (6 letters)||13 +5||14 +4||bmooty|
|Trumbo (6 letters)||10 +2||13 +3||trumbo|
|Ombu (4 letters)||8||11 +1||umbo|
|Bromus (6 letters)||10 +2||13 +3||bromus|
|Bamboo (6 letters)||12 +4||15 +5||bamboo|
|Bombax (6 letters)||19 +11||22 +12||bombax|
|Buxom (5 letters)||16 +8||19 +9||buxom|
|Bosomy (6 letters)||13 +5||14 +4||bosomy|
Boom Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With M
- Spelled With / Contains Letters