- Types Of Speech
- You can use broken as a article or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Broken
- A 2 syllables article and 6 letters with the letters b, e, k, n, o, and r, 4 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters ok. Broken starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters b, br, bro, brok, broke, and the ending characters are n, en, ken, oken, roken, ..
- Physically and forcibly separated into pieces or cracked or split; or legally or emotionally destroyed; "a broken mirror"; "a broken tooth"; "a broken leg"; "his neck is broken"; "children from broken homes"; "a broken marriage"; "a broken heart"
- Is broken a scrabble word? A 12 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Broken in Pig Latin is said as "okenbray or okenbrway".
- b | r | o | k | e | n
- br | ro | ok | ke | en
- bro | rok | oke | ken
- brok | roke | oken
- Word Gram
- Article Examples
- physically and forcibly separated into pieces or cracked or split;
or legally or emotionally destroyed;
"a broken mirror";
"a broken tooth";
"a broken leg";
"his neck is broken";
"children from broken homes";
"a broken marriage";
"a broken heart"
- (especially of promises or contracts) having been violated or disregarded;
"broken (or unkept) promises";
- not continuous in space, time, or sequence or varying abruptly;
"broken lines of defense";
"a broken cable transmission";
"tear off the stub above the broken line";
"a broken note";
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- lacking a part or parts;
"a broken set of encyclopedia"
- out of working order (`busted' is an informal substitute for `broken');
"a broken washing machine";
"the coke machine is broken";
"the coke machine is busted"
- destroyed financially;
"the broken fortunes of the family"
- weakened and infirm;
"broken health resulting from alcoholism"
- thrown into a state of disarray or confusion;
"troops fleeing in broken ranks";
"a confused mass of papers on the desk";
"the small disordered room";
"with everything so upset"
- imperfectly spoken or written;
- subdued or brought low in condition or status;
"a broken man";
"his broken spirit"
- topographically very uneven;
- tamed or trained to obey;
"a horse broken to the saddle";
"this old nag is well broken in"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
|Acned||(of complexion) blemished by imperfections of the skin|
|Admonished||punished especially by reproof or reprimand|
|Afflicted||mentally or physically unfit|
|Aggravated||incited, especially deliberately, to anger|
"aggravated by passive resistance"
"the provoked animal attacked the child"
|Aloof||remote in manner|
"stood apart with aloof dignity"
"a distant smile"
"he was upstage with strangers"
|Alveolate||pitted with cell-like cavities (as a honeycomb)|
|Annoyed||aroused to impatience or anger|
"made an irritated gesture"
"feeling nettled from the constant teasing"
"peeved about being left out"
"felt really pissed at her snootiness"
"riled no end by his lies"
"roiled by the delay"
View all cognitive synonyms for Broken
whole and intact
in one piece
"fortunately the other lens is unbroken"
|Broken||physically and forcibly separated into pieces or cracked or split|
or legally or emotionally destroyed
"a broken mirror"
"a broken tooth"
"a broken leg"
"his neck is broken"
"children from broken homes"
"a broken marriage"
"a broken heart"
View English words with the unique letters used in broken. Words With The Letters Beknor
|Breached||forcibly broken through or opened up;|
"the enemy poured through the breached line of defense"
|Busted||(used informally especially of bones) fractured;|
"my arm is busted";
"I got my head busted in the fight";
"can''t play with a busted baseball bat"
|Chipped||having a small piece broken off;|
"a chipped tooth"
|Cracked||broken without being divided into parts but having fissures appear on the surface;|
"a cracked mirror"
|Crumbled||broken into small fragments;|
|Crushed||broken or pounded into small fragments;|
used of e.g. ore or stone;
"paved with crushed bluestone";
"ground glass is used as an abrasive"
|Dissolved||sundered by divorce or separation or desertion;|
"a dissolved marriage"
|Fractured||used of a break or crack or tear in bone or cartilage;|
"serious injuries such as broken bones and fractured skulls"
|Fragmented||broken into small fragments;|
|Ground||the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface|
Similar Words Of Broken
|Damaged||especially of reputation;|
"the senator''s seriously damaged reputation";
"a flyblown reputation";
"a tarnished reputation";
"inherited a spotted name"
|Imperfect||a tense of verbs used in describing action that is on-going|
|Injured||usually used of physical or mental injury to persons;|
|Unsound||in deplorable condition;|
"a street of bedraggled tenements";
"a broken-down fence";
"a ramshackle old pier";
"a tumble-down shack"
|Negative Feelings||Describe broken||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Broken (6 letters)||12||14||broken|
|Unbroken (8 letters)||14 +2||18 +4||unbroken|
|Bonkers (7 letters)||13 +1||15 +1||bonkers|
Broken Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters