- Types Of Speech
- You can use buffalo as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Buffalo
- A 3 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters a, b, f, l, o, and u, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter f. Buffalo starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters b, bu, buf, buff, buffa, and the ending characters are o, lo, alo, falo, ffalo, . Buffalo is also a double consonant (ff) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Any of several Old World animals resembling oxen including, e.g., water buffalo; Cape buffalo
- School Grade
- Buffalo is set as a grade six word that starts with b, ends with o, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is buffalo a scrabble word? A 15 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Buffalo in Pig Latin is said as "uffalobay or uffalobway".
- b | u | f | f | a | l | o
- bu | uf | ff | fa | al | lo
- buf | uff | ffa | fal | alo
- buff | uffa | ffal | falo
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- any of several Old World animals resembling oxen including, e.g., water buffalo;
- large shaggy-haired brown bison of North American plains
- meat from an American bison
- a city on Lake Erie in western New York (near Niagara Falls)
- Verb Examples
- intimidate or overawe
|Amaze||be a mystery or bewildering to|
"This beats me!"
"Got me--I don''t know the answer!"
"a vexing problem"
"This question really stuck me"
|Ambo||a platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it|
|Aurochs||large recently extinct long-horned European wild ox|
considered one of the ancestors of domestic cattle
|Autocratic||characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule|
having absolute sovereignty
"an authoritarian regime"
"a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"
"a tyrannical government"
|Baffle||a flat plate that controls or directs the flow of fluid or energy|
|Balk||an illegal pitching motion while runners are on base|
|Bamboozle||conceal one''s true motives from especially by elaborately feigning good intentions so as to gain an end|
"He bamboozled his professors into thinking that he knew the subject well"
|Beat||the act of beating to windward|
sailing as close as possible to the direction from which the wind is blowing
View all cognitive synonyms for Buffalo
|Anoa||small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns|
|Tamarao||small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines|
View All Hyponyms For Buffalo
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Foul Ball (9 letters)|
Buffalo Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With O
- Spelled With / Contains Letters