- Types Of Speech
- You can use butterfly as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Butterfly
- A 3 syllables noun and 9 letters with the letters b, e, f, l, r, t, u, and y, 7 consonants, 2 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter e. Butterfly starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters b, bu, but, butt, butte, and the ending characters are y, ly, fly, rfly, erfly, . Butterfly is also a double consonant (tt) word. View the double consonant words list.
- A swimming stroke in which the arms are thrown forward together out of the water while the feet kick up and down
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, butterfly has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are butter, and fly.
- Pig Latin
- Butterfly in Pig Latin is said as "utterflybay or utterflybway".
- b | u | t | t | e | r | f | l | y
- bu | ut | tt | te | er | rf | fl | ly
- but | utt | tte | ter | erf | rfl | fly
- butt | utte | tter | terf | erfl | rfly
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a swimming stroke in which the arms are thrown forward together out of the water while the feet kick up and down
- diurnal insect typically having a slender body with knobbed antennae and broad colorful wings
- Verb Examples
- talk or behave amorously, without serious intentions;
"The guys always try to chat up the new secretaries";
"My husband never flirts with other women"
- cut and spread open, as in preparation for cooking;
- flutter like a butterfly
|Butterfly||a swimming stroke in which the arms are thrown forward together out of the water while the feet kick up and down|
View English words with the unique letters used in butterfly. Words With The Letters Beflrtuy
Butterfly Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With B
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters