- Types Of Speech
- You can use catastrophe as a noun in a sentence.
- About Catastrophe
- A 4 syllables noun and 11 letters with the letters a, c, e, h, o, p, r, s, and t, 7 consonants, 4 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letter t. Catastrophe starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters c, ca, cat, cata, catas, and the ending characters are e, he, phe, ophe, rophe, ..
- An event resulting in great loss and misfortune; "the whole city was affected by the irremediable calamity"; "the earthquake was a disaster"
- Ancient Greek
- School Grade
- Catastrophe is set as a sat word that starts with c, ends with e, 4 syllables, 4 vowels and 11 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Catastrophe in Pig Latin is said as "atastrophecay or atastrophecway".
- c | a | t | a | s | t | r | o | p | h | e
- ca | at | ta | as | st | tr | ro | op | ph | he
- cat | ata | tas | ast | str | tro | rop | oph | phe
- cata | atas | tast | astr | stro | trop | roph | ophe
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- an event resulting in great loss and misfortune;
"the whole city was affected by the irremediable calamity";
"the earthquake was a disaster"
- a sudden violent change in the earth's surface
- a state of extreme (usually irremediable) ruin and misfortune;
"lack of funds has resulted in a catastrophe for our school system";
"his policies were a disaster"
|Accident||anything that happens by chance without an apparent cause|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Adversity||a stroke of ill fortune|
a calamitous event
"a period marked by adversities"
|Affliction||a cause of great suffering and distress|
|Agitation||the act of agitating something|
causing it to move around (usually vigorously)
|Air||travel via aircraft|
"air travel involves too much waiting in airports"
"if you''ve time to spare go by air"
|Alluvion||clay or silt or gravel carried by rushing streams and deposited where the stream slows down|
View all cognitive synonyms for Catastrophe
|Catastrophe||an event resulting in great loss and misfortune|
"the whole city was affected by the irremediable calamity"
"the earthquake was a disaster"
View English words with the unique letters used in catastrophe. Words With The Letters Acehoprst
|Misfortune||unnecessary and unforeseen trouble resulting from an unfortunate event|
|Act Of God|
|Apocalypse||the last book of the New Testament;|
contains visionary descriptions of heaven and of conflicts between good and evil and of the end of the world;
attributed to Saint John the apostle
|Famine||a severe shortage of food (as through crop failure) resulting in violent hunger and starvation and death|
|Kiss Of Death|
|Meltdown||a disaster comparable to a nuclear meltdown;|
"there is little likelihood of a meltdown comparable to the American banking collapse in March 1933"
"those children are a damn plague"
|Visitation||an official visit for inspection or supervision;|
"the commissioner made visitations to all the precinct stations";
"the recent visitation of the bishop to his diocese"
View All Hyponyms For Catastrophe
|To Keep Readers Attention Fear Mongering||Use catastrophe||Fear is a powerful emotion for grabbing and keeping an audience’s attention. What fear mongering words do the news netwo... read more|
Catastrophe Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With E