- Types Of Speech
- You can use characteristic as a article or as a noun in a sentence.
- About Characteristic
- A 5 syllables article and 14 letters with the letters a, c, e, h, i, r, s, and t, 9 consonants, 5 vowels and 5 syllables with the middle letters te. Characteristic starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, ch, cha, char, chara, and the ending characters are c, ic, tic, stic, istic, ..
- A distinguishing quality
- Ancient Greek
- School Grade
- Characteristic is set as a sat word that starts with c, ends with c, 5 syllables, 5 vowels and 14 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Characteristic in Pig Latin is said as "aracteristicchay or aracteristicchway".
- c | h | a | r | a | c | t | e | r | i | s | t | i | c
- ch | ha | ar | ra | ac | ct | te | er | ri | is | st | ti | ic
- cha | har | ara | rac | act | cte | ter | eri | ris | ist | sti | tic
- char | hara | arac | ract | acte | cter | teri | eris | rist | isti | stic
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a distinguishing quality
- any measurable property of a device measured under closely specified conditions
- a prominent aspect of something;
"the map showed roads and other features";
"generosity is one of his best characteristics"
- the integer part (positive or negative) of the representation of a logarithm;
in the expression log 643 = 2.808 the characteristic is 2
- Article Examples
- typical or distinctive;
"heard my friend's characteristic laugh";
"red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn";
"stripes characteristic of the zebra"
|Admonitory||expressing reproof or reproach especially as a corrective|
|Affectation||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Affectedness||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Affection||a positive feeling of liking|
"he had trouble expressing the affection he felt"
"the child won everyone''s heart"
|Affectional||characterized by emotion|
|Affectionateness||a quality proceeding from feelings of affection or love|
|Affective||characterized by emotion|
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved|
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
|Allow||allow or plan for a certain possibility|
concede the truth or validity of something
"I allow for this possibility"
"The seamstress planned for 5% shrinkage after the first wash"
|Amount||how much there is of something that you can quantify|
View all cognitive synonyms for Characteristic
|Characteristic||a distinguishing quality|
View English words with the unique letters used in characteristic. Words With The Letters Acehirst
|Quality||an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone|
"the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
|Aspect||the expression on a person''s face;|
"a sad expression";
"a look of triumph";
"an angry face"
|Compatibility||capability of existing or performing in harmonious or congenial combination|
|Curability||capability of being cured or healed|
|Curableness||capability of being cured or healed|
|Dangerousness||the quality of not being safe|
|Directness||trueness of course toward a goal;|
"rivaling a hawk in directness of aim"
|Earmark||a distinctive characteristic or attribute|
|Hallmark||a distinctive characteristic or attribute|
|Incompatibility||the quality of being unable to exist or work in congenial combination|
|Incurability||incapability of being altered in disposition or habits;|
"the incurability of his optimism"
View All Hyponyms For Characteristic
|Nature||the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person''s characteristic actions and reactions;|
"it is his nature to help others"
Characteristic Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With C