- Types Of Speech
- You can use continent as a article, noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Continent
- A 3 syllables article and 9 letters with the letters c, e, i, n, o, and t, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter i. Continent starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, co, con, cont, conti, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, nent, inent, ..
- The European mainland; "Englishmen like to visit the Continent but they wouldn''t like to live there"
- School Grade
- Continent is set as a grade five word that starts with c, ends with t, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Continent in Pig Latin is said as "ontinentcay or ontinentcway".
- c | o | n | t | i | n | e | n | t
- co | on | nt | ti | in | ne | en | nt
- con | ont | nti | tin | ine | nen | ent
- cont | onti | ntin | tine | inen | nent
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the European mainland;
"Englishmen like to visit the continent but they wouldn't like to live there"
- one of the large landmasses of the earth;
"there are seven continents";
"pioneers had to cross the continent on foot"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- Article Examples
- having control over urination and defecation
|Abstainer||a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages|
|Abstemious||sparing in consumption of especially food and drink|
"the pleasures of the table, never of much consequence to one naturally abstemious"- John Galsworthy
not indulging an appetite especially for food or drink
"not totally abstinent but abstemious"
|Abstinent||a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages|
|Africa||the second largest continent|
located south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
|America||North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean|
achieved independence in 1776
|Anatolia||a peninsula in southwestern Asia that forms the Asian part of Turkey|
|Antipodes||any two places or regions on diametrically opposite sides of the Earth|
"the North Pole and the South Pole are antipodes"
|Apostolic||of or relating to or deriving from the Apostles or their teachings|
|Apostolical||of or relating to or deriving from the Apostles or their teachings|
View all cognitive synonyms for Continent
|Continent||the European mainland|
"Englishmen like to visit the Continent but they wouldn''t like to live there"
View English words with the unique letters used in continent. Words With The Letters Ceinot
|Europe||the nations of the European continent collectively|
"the Marshall Plan helped Europe recover from World War II"
Continent Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters