- Types Of Speech
- You can use cook as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Cook
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters c, k, and o, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Cook starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, co, coo, and the ending characters are k, ok, ook, . Cook is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- Someone who cooks food
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Cook is set as a kindergarten word that starts with c, ends with k, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is cook a scrabble word? A 10 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Cook in Pig Latin is said as "ookcay or ookcway".
- c | o | o | k
- co | oo | ok
- coo | ook
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- someone who cooks food
- English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
- Verb Examples
- transform and make suitable for consumption by heating;
"These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
- transform by heating;
"The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"
- prepare for eating by applying heat;
"cook me dinner, please";
"can you make me an omelette?";
"fix breakfast for the guests, please"
- prepare a hot meal;
"My husband doesn't cook"
- fake or falsify;
"Fudge the figures";
"cook the books";
"falsify the data"
|Adulterate||corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance|
often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
|Amah||a female domestic|
|Annoyance||the act of troubling or annoying someone|
|Au Pair Girl|
|Ayah||an Indian nursemaid who looks after children|
|Bag||an activity that you like or at which you are superior|
"chemistry is not my cup of tea"
"his bag now is learning to play golf"
"marriage was scarcely his dish"
|Bake||cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven|
"bake the potatoes"
|Baker||someone who bakes bread or cake|
View all cognitive synonyms for Cook
|Cook||someone who cooks food|
View English words with the unique letters used in cook. Words With The Letters Cko
|Cook||someone who cooks food|
|Fix||a determination of the location of something|
"he got a good fix on the target"
|Make||the act of mixing cards haphazardly|
|Prepare||make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc|
"Get the children ready for school!"
"prepare for war"
"I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
|Ready||poised for action|
"their guns were at the ready"
|Chef||a professional cook|
|Cookie||a short line of text that a web site puts on your computer''s hard drive when you access the web site|
|Cooky||any of various small flat sweet cakes (`biscuit'' is the British term)|
|Fannie Merritt Farmer|
|Farmer||a person who operates a farm|
|Preserver||rescue equipment consisting of a buoyant belt or jacket to keep a person from drowning|
|Roaster||a special cooking pan for roasting|
|Seasoner||something added to food primarily for the savor it imparts|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Rock (4 letters)||10||11||rock|
|Cuckoo (6 letters)||14 +4||17 +6||cckoou|
|Stock (5 letters)||11 +1||12 +1||stock|
|Cork (4 letters)||10||11||rock|
|Crock (5 letters)||13 +3||15 +4||crock|
|Crook (5 letters)||11 +1||12 +1||crook|
|Stocks (6 letters)||12 +2||13 +2||ckosst|
|Sock (4 letters)||10||11||sock|
|Croak (5 letters)||11 +1||12 +1||croak|
|Cooky (5 letters)||14 +4||14 +3||cooky|
|Bock (4 letters)||12 +2||14 +3||bock|
|Cook (4 letters)||10||11||cook|
|Wacko (5 letters)||14 +4||15 +4||wacko|
|Spock (5 letters)||13 +3||15 +4||spock|
|Pock (4 letters)||12 +2||14 +3||pock|
|Croaky (6 letters)||15 +5||15 +4||croaky|
|Rocky (5 letters)||14 +4||14 +3||rocky|
|Stocky (6 letters)||15 +5||15 +4||stocky|
|Corky (5 letters)||14 +4||14 +3||rocky|
|Crocko (6 letters)||14 +4||16 +5||crocko|
|Rocks (5 letters)||11 +1||12 +1||rocks|
|Pocky (5 letters)||16 +6||17 +6||pocky|
|Bucko (5 letters)||13 +3||16 +5||bucko|
|Socks (5 letters)||11 +1||12 +1||socks|
|Brock (5 letters)||13 +3||15 +4||bckor|
Cook Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With K
- Spelled With / Contains Letters