- Types Of Speech
- You can use cross as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Cross
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters c, o, r, and s, 4 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Cross starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, cr, cro, cros, and the ending characters are s, ss, oss, ross, . Cross is also a double consonant (ss) word. View the double consonant words list.
- Marking consisting of crossing lines
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Cross is set as a grade one word that starts with c, ends with s, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is cross a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Cross in Pig Latin is said as "osscray or osscrway".
- c | r | o | s | s
- cr | ro | os | ss
- cro | ros | oss
- cros | ross
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- marking consisting of crossing lines
- any affliction that causes great suffering;
"that is his cross to bear";
"he bears his afflictions like a crown of thorns"
- an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock;
especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species;
"a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey"
- a cross as an emblem of Christianity;
used in heraldry
- a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- Verb Examples
- breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties;
"cross a horse and a donkey";
"Mendel tried crossbreeding";
"these species do not interbreed"
- trace a line through or across;
"cross your `t'"
- travel across or pass over;
"The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- meet and pass;
"the trains crossed"
- fold so as to resemble a cross;
"she crossed her legs"
- meet at a point
- hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of;
"What ultimately frustrated every challenger was Ruth's amazing September surge";
"foil your opponent"
- to cover or extend over an area or time period;
"Rivers traverse the valley floor", "The parking lot spans 3 acres";
"The novel spans three centuries"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- perversely irritable
"spoken with a straight face but crossed fingers"
"seated with arms across"
|Across The Grain|
|Adam||street names for methylenedioxymethamphetamine|
|Aslant||having an oblique or slanted direction|
|Athwart||at an oblique angle|
"the sun shone aslant into his face"
|Bar||the act of preventing|
"there was no bar against leaving"
"money was allocated to study the cause and prevention of influenza"
View all cognitive synonyms for Cross
|Cross||marking consisting of crossing lines|
View English words with the unique letters used in cross. Words With The Letters Cors
|Crisscross||marking consisting of crossing lines|
|Cross||marking consisting of crossing lines|
|Mark||something that exactly succeeds in achieving its goal|
"the new advertising campaign was a bell ringer"
"scored a bull''s eye"
"hit the mark"
"the president''s speech was a home run"
|Nock||make small marks into the surface of|
"score the clay before firing it"
|Score||a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally)|
|Marking||the act of making a visible mark on a surface|
|Negative Feelings||Describe cross||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Cross (5 letters)||7||8||cross|
|Succor (6 letters)||10 +3||13 +5||crocus|
|Succour (7 letters)||11 +4||15 +7||succour|
|Corvus (6 letters)||11 +4||14 +6||corvus|
|Castor (6 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||actors|
|Roccus (6 letters)||10 +3||13 +5||crocus|
|Ocyurus (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +6||ocyurus|
|Cursor (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||cursor|
|Surcoat (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +3||surcoat|
|Oscar (5 letters)||7||8||oscar|
|Scour (5 letters)||7||9 +1||orcus|
|Orcus (5 letters)||7||9 +1||orcus|
|Co Star (7 letters)|
|Caruso (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||acorus|
|Castro (6 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||actors|
|Crosby (6 letters)||13 +6||14 +6||crosby|
|Acorus (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||acorus|
|Succory (7 letters)||14 +7||16 +8||succory|
|Crocus (6 letters)||10 +3||13 +5||crocus|
|Boxcars (7 letters)||18 +11||20 +12||boxcars|
|Scours (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||corssu|
|Raucous (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +4||raucous|
|Cursory (7 letters)||12 +5||13 +5||cursory|
|Across (6 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||across|
|Actors (6 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||actors|
Cross Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters