- Types Of Speech
- You can use current as a article or as a noun in a sentence.
- About Current
- A 2 syllables article and 7 letters with the letters c, e, n, r, t, and u, 5 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter r. Current starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters c, cu, cur, curr, curre, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, rent, rrent, . Current is also a double consonant (rr) word. View the double consonant words list.
- A steady flow (usually from natural causes); "the raft floated downstream on the current"; "he felt a stream of air"
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, current has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are cur, and rent.
- School Grade
- Current is set as a grade four word that starts with c, ends with t, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is current a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Current in Pig Latin is said as "urrentcay or urrentcway".
- c | u | r | r | e | n | t
- cu | ur | rr | re | en | nt
- cur | urr | rre | ren | ent
- curr | urre | rren | rent
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a steady flow (usually from natural causes);
"the raft floated downstream on the current";
"he felt a stream of air"
- dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas;
"two streams of development run through American history";
"stream of consciousness";
"the flow of thought";
"the current of history"
- a flow of electricity through a conductor;
"the current was measured in amperes"
- Article Examples
- occurring in or belonging to the present time;
"the current topic";
"current psychoanalytic theories";
"the ship's current position"
|AC||an electric current that reverses direction sinusoidally|
"In the US most household current is AC at 60 cycles per second"
|Accepted||generally approved or compelling recognition|
"several accepted techniques for treating the condition"
"his recognized superiority in this kind of work"
|Accessible||capable of being reached|
"a town accessible by rail"
|Accidental||a musical notation that makes a note sharp or flat or natural although that is not part of the key signature|
|Accompanying||following as a consequence|
"an excessive growth of bureaucracy, with related problems"
"snags incidental to the changeover in management"
|Accordant||being in agreement or harmony|
often followed by `with''
"a place perfectly accordant with man''s nature"-Thomas Hardy
|Accustomed||(often followed by `to'') in the habit of or adapted to|
"accustomed to doing her own work"
"I''ve grown accustomed to her face"
View all cognitive synonyms for Current
|Current||a steady flow (usually from natural causes)|
"the raft floated downstream on the current"
"he felt a stream of air"
View English words with the unique letters used in current. Words With The Letters Cenrtu
|Stream||the act of flowing or streaming|
|Flow||the act of flowing or streaming|
|Flowing||the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)|
|Eddy||a miniature whirlpool or whirlwind resulting when the current of a fluid doubles back on itself|
|Maelstrom||a powerful circular current of water (usually the resulting of conflicting tides)|
|Riptide||a strong surface current flowing outwards from a shore|
|Torrent||a violently fast stream of water (or other liquid);|
"the houses were swept away in the torrent"
|Twist||any clever (deceptive) maneuver;|
"he would stoop to any device to win a point"
|Undercurrent||subdued emotional quality underlying an utterance;|
View All Hyponyms For Current
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Cauterant (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||aacenrttu|
|Utterance (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||utterance|
|Current (7 letters)||9||12||current|
|Areca Nut (9 letters)|
|Centaur (7 letters)||9||12||centaur|
|Cybernaut (9 letters)||16 +7||19 +7||cybernaut|
|Centaurea (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||centaurea|
|Centaury (8 letters)||13 +4||15 +3||acenrtuy|
|Century (7 letters)||12 +3||14 +2||century|
|Crenature (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||crenature|
|Truncate (8 letters)||10 +1||13 +1||truncate|
|Uncrate (7 letters)||9||12||centaur|
|Recurrent (9 letters)||11 +2||14 +2||recurrent|
|Unerect (7 letters)||9||12||ceenrtu|
Current Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With C
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters