- Types Of Speech
- You can use darkness as a noun in a sentence.
- About Darkness
- A 2 syllables noun and 8 letters with the letters a, d, e, k, n, r, and s, 6 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters kn. Darkness starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, da, dar, dark, darkn, and the ending characters are s, ss, ess, ness, kness, . Darkness is also a double consonant (ss) word. View the double consonant words list.
- A swarthy complexion
- Compound Words
- A compound word, darkness has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are dark, and ness.
- Pig Latin
- Darkness in Pig Latin is said as "arknessday or arknessdway".
- d | a | r | k | n | e | s | s
- da | ar | rk | kn | ne | es | ss
- dar | ark | rkn | kne | nes | ess
- dark | arkn | rkne | knes | ness
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a swarthy complexion
- having a dark or somber color
- an unenlightened state;
"he was in the dark concerning their intentions";
"his lectures dispelled the darkness"
- an unilluminated area;
"he moved off into the darkness"
- absence of light or illumination
- absence of moral or spiritual values;
"the powers of darkness"
|Abstruseness||the quality of being unclear or abstruse and hard to understand|
|Age Of Ignorance|
|Amaurosis||partial or total loss of sight without pathology of the eye|
caused by disease of optic nerve or retina or brain
|Asperity||harshness of manner|
|Barbarism||a brutal barbarous savage act|
|Barbarity||a brutal barbarous savage act|
|Bedim||make obscure or unclear|
"The distinction was obscured"
View all cognitive synonyms for Darkness
|Darkness||a swarthy complexion|
View English words with the unique letters used in darkness. Words With The Letters Adeknrs
|Complexion||(obsolete) a combination of elements (of dryness and warmth or of the four humors) that was once believed to determine a person''s health and temperament|
Darkness Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters