- Types Of Speech
- You can use devil as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Devil
- A 2 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters d, e, i, l, and v, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter v. Devil starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, de, dev, devi, and the ending characters are l, il, vil, evil, ..
- A word used in exclamations of confusion; "what the devil"; "the deuce with it"; "the dickens you say"
- Old English
- Is devil a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Devil in Pig Latin is said as "evilday or evildway".
- d | e | v | i | l
- de | ev | vi | il
- dev | evi | vil
- devi | evil
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a word used in exclamations of confusion;
"what the devil";
"the deuce with it";
"the dickens you say"
- one of the evil spirits of traditional Jewish and Christian belief
- (Judeo-Christian and Islamic religions) chief spirit of evil and adversary of God;
tempter of mankind;
master of Hell
- a rowdy or mischievous person (usually a young man);
"he chased the young hellions out of his yard"
- a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- Verb Examples
- coat or stuff with a spicy paste;
- cause annoyance in;
disturb, especially by minor irritations;
"Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me";
"It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
|Adventurer||a person who enjoys taking risks|
|Adventuress||a woman adventurer|
|Adversary||someone who offers opposition|
|Affray||a noisy fight|
"This drug aggravates the pain"
|Amaze||be a mystery or bewildering to|
"This beats me!"
"Got me--I don''t know the answer!"
"a vexing problem"
"This question really stuck me"
|Amazon||mainly green tropical American parrots|
View all cognitive synonyms for Devil
|Devil||a word used in exclamations of confusion|
"what the devil"
"the deuce with it"
"the dickens you say"
View English words with the unique letters used in devil. Words With The Letters Deilv
|Exclaiming||an abrupt excited utterance|
"she gave an exclamation of delight"
"there was much exclaiming over it"
|Exclamation||an exclamatory rhetorical device|
"O tempore! O mores"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Vedalia (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +2||vedalia|
|Devil (5 letters)||9||11||devil|
|Bedevil (7 letters)||13 +4||16 +5||bedevil|
|Veiled (6 letters)||10 +1||12 +1||veiled|
|Deviled (7 letters)||12 +3||14 +3||ddeeilv|
|Lived (5 letters)||9||11||devil|
Devil Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With L
- Spelled With / Contains Letters