- Types Of Speech
- You can use disappointment as a noun in a sentence.
- About Disappointment
- A 4 syllables noun and 14 letters with the letters a, d, e, i, m, n, o, p, s, and t, 9 consonants, 5 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letters oi. Disappointment starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, di, dis, disa, disap, and the ending characters are t, nt, ent, ment, tment, . Disappointment is also a double consonant (pp) word. View the double consonant words list.
- An act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone
- Compound Words
- A compound word, disappointment has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are dis, and appointment.
- Pig Latin
- Disappointment in Pig Latin is said as "isappointmentday or isappointmentdway".
- d | i | s | a | p | p | o | i | n | t | m | e | n | t
- di | is | sa | ap | pp | po | oi | in | nt | tm | me | en | nt
- dis | isa | sap | app | ppo | poi | oin | int | ntm | tme | men | ent
- disa | isap | sapp | appo | ppoi | poin | oint | intm | ntme | tmen | ment
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- an act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone
- a feeling of dissatisfaction that results when your expectations are not realized;
"his hopes were so high he was doomed to disappointment"
|Antipathy||the object of a feeling of intense aversion|
something to be avoided
"cats were his greatest antipathy"
|Aversion||the act of turning yourself (or your gaze) away|
"averting her gaze meant that she was angry"
|Awakening||the act of waking|
"it was an early awakening"
"it was the waking up he hated most"
|Ban||a decree that prohibits something|
|Barring||the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto|
|Biliousness||a disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger|
"his temper was well known to all his employees"
|Bitterness||a sharp and bitter manner|
|Blackball||the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto|
View all cognitive synonyms for Disappointment
|Disappointment||an act (or failure to act) that disappoints someone|
View English words with the unique letters used in disappointment. Words With The Letters Adeimnopst
|Disappoint||fail to meet the hopes or expectations of|
"Her boyfriend let her down when he did not propose marriage"
|Failure||an unexpected omission|
"he resented my failure to return his call"
"the mechanic''s failure to check the brakes"
Disappointment Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With T