- Types Of Speech
- You can use distance as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Distance
- A 2 syllables noun and 8 letters with the letters a, c, d, e, i, n, s, and t, 5 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters ta. Distance starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters d, di, dis, dist, dista, and the ending characters are e, ce, nce, ance, tance, ..
- The property created by the space between two objects or points
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Distance is set as a grade six word that starts with d, ends with e, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Distance in Pig Latin is said as "istanceday or istancedway".
- d | i | s | t | a | n | c | e
- di | is | st | ta | an | nc | ce
- dis | ist | sta | tan | anc | nce
- dist | ista | stan | tanc | ance
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the property created by the space between two objects or points
- size of the gap between two places;
"the distance from New York to Chicago";
"he determined the length of the shortest line segment joining the two points"
- indifference by personal withdrawal;
- a distant region;
"I could see it in the distance"
- the interval between two times;
"the distance from birth to death";
"it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- a remote point in time;
"if that happens it will be at some distance in the future";
"at a distance of ten years he had forgotten many of the details"
- Verb Examples
- go far ahead of;
"He outdistanced the other runners"
- keep at a distance;
"we have to distance ourselves from these events in order to continue living"
|Abashment||feeling embarrassed due to modesty|
|Age||how long something has existed|
"it was replaced because of its age"
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved|
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
|Aloofness||a disposition to be distant and unsympathetic in manner|
|Ambit||an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"|
"the ambit of municipal legislation"
"within the compass of this article"
"within the scope of an investigation"
"outside the reach of the law"
|Amount||how much there is of something that you can quantify|
|Amplitude||greatness of magnitude|
|Angle||a biased way of looking at or presenting something|
|Area||a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function|
"the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
|Arena||a playing field where sports events take place|
View all cognitive synonyms for Distance
|Distance||the property created by the space between two objects or points|
View English words with the unique letters used in distance. Words With The Letters Acdeinst
|Spacing||the property possessed by an array of things that have space between them|
|Closeness||close or warm friendship;|
"the absence of fences created a mysterious intimacy in which no one knew privacy"
|Elevation||the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something;|
"the aggrandizement of the king";
"his elevation to cardinal"
|Farawayness||the property of being remote|
|Farness||the property of being remote|
|Hour||distance measured by the time taken to cover it;|
"we live an hour from the airport";
"its just 10 minutes away"
|Interval||the distance between things;|
"fragile items require separation and cushioning"
View All Hyponyms For Distance
Distance Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters