- Types Of Speech
- You can use dog as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Dog
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters d, g, and o, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Dog starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters d, do, and the ending characters are g, og, ..
- A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Dog is set as a kindergarten word that starts with d, ends with g, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is dog a scrabble word? A 5 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Dog in Pig Latin is said as "ogday or ogdway".
- d | o | g
- do | og
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times;
occurs in many breeds;
"the dog barked all night"
- metal supports for logs in a fireplace;
"the andirons were too hot to touch"
- a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward
- a smooth-textured sausage of minced beef or pork usually smoked;
often served on a bread roll
- someone who is morally reprehensible;
"you dirty dog"
- informal term for a man;
"you lucky dog"
- a dull unattractive unpleasant girl or woman;
"she got a reputation as a frump";
"she's a real dog"
- Verb Examples
- go after with the intent to catch;
"The policeman chased the mugger down the alley";
"the dog chased the rabbit"
|Adulteress||a woman adulterer|
|Affenpinscher||European breed of small dog resembling a terrier with dark wiry hair and a tufted muzzle|
|Affray||a noisy fight|
|Afghan||tall graceful breed of hound with a long silky coat|
native to the Near East
"This drug aggravates the pain"
|Amaze||be a mystery or bewildering to|
"This beats me!"
"Got me--I don''t know the answer!"
"a vexing problem"
"This question really stuck me"
|Animal||a living organism characterized by voluntary movement|
View all cognitive synonyms for Dog
|Dog||a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times|
occurs in many breeds
"the dog barked all night"
|God||a material effigy that is worshipped as a god|
"thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
"money was his god"
View English words with the unique letters used in dog. Words With The Letters Dgo
|Canid||any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles|
|Canine||any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles|
|Barker||informal terms for dogs|
|Basenji||small smooth-haired breed of African origin having a tightly curled tail and the inability to bark|
|Corgi||either of two Welsh breeds of long-bodied short-legged dogs with erect ears and a fox-like head|
|Cur||an inferior dog or one of mixed breed|
|Dalmatian||a large breed having a smooth white coat with black or brown spots;|
originated in Dalmatia
View All Hyponyms For Dog
|Canis||type genus of the Canidae: domestic and wild dogs;|
|Pack||a small parcel (as of cigarettes or film)|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Dog (3 letters)||5||6||dog|
|Doggy (5 letters)||11 +6||12 +6||doggy|
|Dogy (4 letters)||9 +4||9 +3||dogy|
|Goods (5 letters)||7 +2||8 +2||goods|
|Gourd (5 letters)||7 +2||9 +3||gourd|
|God (3 letters)||5||6||dog|
|Goad (4 letters)||6 +1||7 +1||dago|
|Good (4 letters)||6 +1||7 +1||good|
|Goody (5 letters)||10 +5||10 +4||goody|
|Gouda (5 letters)||7 +2||9 +3||gouda|
|Dago (4 letters)||6 +1||7 +1||dago|
|Dodgy (5 letters)||11 +6||11 +5||dodgy|
|Podgy (5 letters)||12 +7||13 +7||podgy|
|Doggo (5 letters)||8 +3||10 +4||doggo|
Dog Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With D
- Ends With G
- Spelled With / Contains Letters