- Types Of Speech
- You can use etymology as a noun in a sentence.
- About Etymology
- A 5 syllables noun and 9 letters with the letters e, g, l, m, o, t, and y, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 5 syllables with the middle letter o. Etymology starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters e, et, ety, etym, etymo, and the ending characters are y, gy, ogy, logy, ology, ..
- The study of the sources and development of words
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Etymology is set as a sat word that starts with e, ends with y, 5 syllables, 3 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Etymology in Pig Latin is said as "etymologyay or etymologyway".
- e | t | y | m | o | l | o | g | y
- et | ty | ym | mo | ol | lo | og | gy
- ety | tym | ymo | mol | olo | log | ogy
- etym | tymo | ymol | molo | olog | logy
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the study of the sources and development of words
- a history of a word
|Derivation||drawing off water from its main channel as for irrigation|
|Descent||the act of changing your location in a downward direction|
|Extraction||the act of pulling out (as a tooth)|
"the dentist gave her a local anesthetic prior to the extraction"
View all cognitive synonyms for Etymology
|Etymology||the study of the sources and development of words|
View English words with the unique letters used in etymology. Words With The Letters Eglmoty
|Etymologise||construct the history of words|
|Etymologize||construct the history of words|
|Linguistics||the humanistic study of language and literature|
|Lexicostatistics||a statistical technique used in glottochronology;|
used to estimate how long ago different languages evolved from a common source language
Etymology Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With E
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters