- Types Of Speech
- You can use flood as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Flood
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters d, f, l, and o, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter o. Flood starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters f, fl, flo, floo, and the ending characters are d, od, ood, lood, . Flood is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- A large flow
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Flood is set as a grade one word that starts with f, ends with d, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is flood a scrabble word? A 9 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Flood in Pig Latin is said as "oodflay or oodflway".
- f | l | o | o | d
- fl | lo | oo | od
- flo | loo | ood
- floo | lood
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a large flow
- the act of flooding;
filling to overflowing
- light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam;
used in photography
- the inward flow of the tide;
"a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune" -Shakespeare
- the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land;
"plains fertilized by annual inundations"
- an overwhelming number or amount;
"a flood of requests";
"a torrent of abuse"
- Verb Examples
- cover with liquid, usually water;
"The swollen river flooded the village";
"The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
- supply with an excess of;
"flood the market with tennis shoes";
"Glut the country with cheap imports from the Orient"
|Abound||be abundant or plentiful|
exist in large quantities
|Absorb||cause to become one with|
"The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
|Abundance||the property of a more than adequate quantity or supply|
"an age of abundance"
|Access||the act of approaching or entering|
"he gained access to the building"
|Accession||the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)|
"Elizabeth''s accession in 1558"
|Accretion||(law) an increase in a beneficiary''s share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)|
|Accrual||the act of accumulating|
|Accruement||the act of accumulating|
|Accumulation||the act of accumulating|
|Acres||extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use|
"the family owned a large estate on Long Island"
View all cognitive synonyms for Flood
|Flood||a large flow|
View English words with the unique letters used in flood. Words With The Letters Dflo
|Overflow||a large flow|
|Overrun||too much production or more than expected|
|Flow||the act of flowing or streaming|
|Stream||the act of flowing or streaming|
|Effusion||flow under pressure|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Flood (5 letters)||9||10||flood|
|Fold (4 letters)||8||9||dflo|
|Fly Rod (7 letters)|
|Foulard (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||foulard|
|Foldout (7 letters)||11 +2||13 +3||dflootu|
|Fold Up (7 letters)|
|Offload (7 letters)||14 +5||15 +5||offload|
|Twofold (7 letters)||14 +5||15 +5||twofold|
|Of Old (6 letters)|
|Adolf (5 letters)||9||10||adflo|
Flood Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With F
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters