- Types Of Speech
- You can use forward as a article, noun, adverb, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Forward
- A 2 syllables article and 7 letters with the letters a, d, f, o, r, and w, 5 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter w. Forward starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters f, fo, for, forw, forwa, and the ending characters are d, rd, ard, ward, rward, ..
- A position on a basketball team
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, forward has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are for, and ward.
- School Grade
- Forward is set as a grade four word that starts with f, ends with d, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is forward a scrabble word? A 14 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Forward in Pig Latin is said as "orwardfay or orwardfway".
- f | o | r | w | a | r | d
- fo | or | rw | wa | ar | rd
- for | orw | rwa | war | ard
- forw | orwa | rwar | ward
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a position on a basketball team
- the person who plays the position of forward on a basketball team
- Verb Examples
- send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit;
"forward my mail"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- moving toward a position ahead;
"the onward course of events"
- situated in the front;
"the forward section of the aircraft"
- situated at or toward the front;
"the fore cabins";
"the forward part of the ship"
- moving forward
- Article Examples
- at or near or directed toward the front;
"the forward section of the aircraft";
"a forward plunge down the stairs";
- of the transmission gear causing forward movement in a motor vehicle;
"in a forward gear"
- used of temperament or behavior;
lacking restraint or modesty;
"a forward child badly in need of discipline"
- Adverb Examples
- in a forward direction;
"the train moved ahead slowly";
"the boat lurched ahead";
"moved onward into the forest";
"they went slowly forward in the mud"
- at or to or toward the front;
"he faced forward";
"she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine";
(`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations)
- toward the future;
forward in time;
"I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring";
"I look forward to seeing you"
- forward in time or order or degree;
"from that time forth";
"from the sixth century onward"
|Abusive||characterized by physical or psychological maltreatment|
"argued...that foster homes are abusive"
"The car accelerated"
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Acquiescent||willing to carry out the orders or wishes of another without protest|
"too acquiescent to challenge authority"
"a gentle and biddable soul"
"children compliant with the parental will"
|Activate||make active or more active|
"activate an old file"
|Actuate||put in motion or move to act|
"trigger a reaction"
"actuate the circuits"
|Adept||someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field|
View all cognitive synonyms for Forward
|Forward||a position on a basketball team|
|Froward||habitually disposed to disobedience and opposition|
View English words with the unique letters used in forward. Words With The Letters Adforw
|Position||a rationalized mental attitude|
|Five||a team that plays basketball|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Forward (7 letters)||14||14||forward|
|Ward Off (8 letters)|
|Draw Off (8 letters)|
|Froward (7 letters)||14||14||forward|
|Fad Word (8 letters)|
Forward Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With F
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters