- Types Of Speech
- You can use gain as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Gain
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, g, i, and n, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ai. Gain starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters g, ga, gai, and the ending characters are n, in, ain, ..
- The amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Gain is set as a kindergarten word that starts with g, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is gain a scrabble word? A 5 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Gain in Pig Latin is said as "aingay or aingway".
- g | a | i | n
- ga | ai | in
- gai | ain
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- the amount by which the revenue of a business exceeds its cost of operating
- a quantity that is added;
"there was an addition to property taxes this year";
"they recorded the cattle's gain in weight over a period of weeks"
- Verb Examples
- increase (one's body weight);
"She gained 20 pounds when she stopped exercising"
- increase in;
- rise in rate or price;
"The stock market gained 24 points today"
- obtain advantages, such as points, etc.;
"The home team was gaining ground";
"After defeating the Knicks, the Blazers pulled ahead of the Lakers in the battle for the number-one playoff berth in the Western Conference"
- reach a destination, either real or abstract;
"We hit Detroit by noon";
"The water reached the doorstep";
"We barely made it to the finish line";
"I have to hit the MAC machine before the weekend starts"
- win something through one's efforts;
"I acquired a passing knowledge of Chinese";
"gain an understanding of international finance"
- earn on some commercial or business transaction;
earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?";
"She earns a lot in her new job";
"this merger brought in lots of money";
"He clears $5,000 each month"
- derive a benefit from;
"She profited from his vast experience"
"derive pleasure from one's garden"
|Absorb||cause to become one with|
"The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
|Accept||tolerate or accommodate oneself to|
"I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"
"I swallowed the insult"
"She has learned to live with her husband''s little idiosyncracies"
|Access||the act of approaching or entering|
"he gained access to the building"
|Accession||the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)|
"Elizabeth''s accession in 1558"
|Accomplish||put in effect|
"carry out a task"
"execute the decision of the people"
"He actioned the operation"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Accretion||(law) an increase in a beneficiary''s share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)|
|Accrual||the act of accumulating|
|Accrue||grow by addition|
"The interest accrues"
View all cognitive synonyms for Gain
|Gain||the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input|
|Agni||(Sanskrit) god of fire in ancient and traditional India|
one of the three chief deities of the Vedas
|Nagi||medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves|
southern China to Taiwan and southern Japan
|Inga||any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers|
cultivated as ornamentals
View English words with the unique letters used in gain. Words With The Letters Agin
|Increase||the act of increasing something|
"he gave me an increase in salary"
|Increment||the amount by which something increases|
"they proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare"
View All Names For Gain
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Saving (6 letters)||10 +5||13 +6||saving|
|Razing (6 letters)||16 +11||18 +11||razing|
|Airing (6 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||airing|
|Paving (6 letters)||12 +7||16 +9||paving|
|Waxing (6 letters)||17 +12||19 +12||waxing|
|Rating (6 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||aginrt|
|Giant (5 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||gaitn|
|Iguana (6 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||aaginu|
|Anguis (6 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||anguis|
|Tringa (6 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||aginrt|
|Ganoin (6 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||aginno|
|Airgun (6 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||airgun|
|Awning (6 letters)||10 +5||13 +6||awning|
|Taping (6 letters)||9 +4||12 +5||taping|
|Grain (5 letters)||6 +1||8 +1||grain|
|Gain (4 letters)||5||7||gain|
|Paging (6 letters)||10 +5||14 +7||agginp|
|Nagari (6 letters)||7 +2||9 +2||nagari|
|Qiang (5 letters)||15 +10||17 +10||qiang|
|Ugrian (6 letters)||7 +2||10 +3||airgun|
|Saying (6 letters)||10 +5||11 +4||saying|
|Raving (6 letters)||10 +5||13 +6||raving|
|Waving (6 letters)||13 +8||16 +9||waving|
|Waning (6 letters)||10 +5||13 +6||awning|
|Paring (6 letters)||9 +4||12 +5||paring|
Gain Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters