- Types Of Speech
- You can use get as a verb in a sentence.
- About Get
- A 1 syllables verb and 3 letters with the letters e, g, and t, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter e. Get starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters g, ge, and the ending characters are t, et, ..
- Make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Get is set as a kindergarten word that starts with g, ends with t, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is get a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Get in Pig Latin is said as "etgay or etgway".
- g | e | t
- ge | et
- Word Gram
- Verb Examples
- make children;
"Abraham begot Isaac";
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- undergo (as of injuries and illnesses);
"She suffered a fracture in the accident";
"He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars";
"She got a bruise on her leg";
"He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
- be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness;
"He got AIDS";
"She came down with pneumonia";
"She took a chill"
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes);
"He grew a beard";
"The patient developed abdominal pains";
- give certain properties to something;
"get someone mad";
"She made us look silly";
"He made a fool of himself at the meeting";
"Don't make this into a big deal";
"This invention will make you a millionaire";
"Make yourself clear"
- cause to move;
cause to be in a certain position or condition;
"He got his squad on the ball";
"This let me in for a big surprise";
"He got a girl into trouble"
- enter or assume a certain state or condition;
"He became annoyed when he heard the bad news";
"It must be getting more serious";
"her face went red with anger";
"She went into ecstasy";
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action;
"We began working at dawn";
"Who will start?";
"get working as soon as the sun rises!";
"The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia";
"He began early in the day";
"Let's get down to work now"
- receive a specified treatment (abstract);
"These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation";
"His movie received a good review";
"I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
- grasp with the mind or develop an undersatnding of;
"did you catch that allusion?";
"We caught something of his theory in the lecture";
"don't catch your meaning";
"did you get it?";
"She didn't get the joke";
"I just don't get him"
- be a mystery or bewildering to;
"This beats me!";
"Got me--I don't know the answer!";
"a vexing problem";
"This question really stuck me"
- reach by calculation;
"What do you get when you add up these numbers?"
- cause to do;
cause to act in a specified manner;
"The ads induced me to buy a VCR";
"My children finally got me to buy a computer";
"My wife made me buy a new sofa"
- move into a desired direction of discourse;
"What are you driving at?"
- communicate with a place or person;
establish communication with, as if by telephone;
"Bill called this number and he got Mary";
"The operator couldn't get Kobe because of the earthquake"
- take vengeance on or get even;
"We'll get them!";
"That'll fix him good!";
"This time I got him"
- succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase;
"We finally got the suspect";
"Did you catch the thief?"
- reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot;
"the rock caught her in the back of the head";
"The blow got him in the back";
"The punch caught him in the stomach"
- go or come after and bring or take back;
"get me those books over there, please";
"Could you bring the wine?";
"The dog fetched the hat"
- attract and fix;
"His look caught her";
"She caught his eye";
"Catch the attention of the waiter"
- overcome or destroy;
"The ice storm got my hibiscus";
"the cat got the goldfish"
- in baseball: earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher;
"He drew a base on balls"
- apprehend and reproduce accurately;
"She really caught the spirit of the place in her drawings";
"She got the mood just right in her photographs"
- evoke an emotional response;
"Brahms's `Requiem' gets me every time"
"Her childish behavior really get to me";
"His lying really gets me"
- reach a destination;
arrive by movement or progress;
"She arrived home at 7 o'clock";
"She didn't get to Chicago until after midnight"
- reach and board;
"She got the bus just as it was leaving"
- leave immediately;
used usually in the imperative form;
- of mental or physical states or experiences;
"get an idea";
"undergo a strange sensation";
"The chemical undergoes a sudden change";
"The fluid undergoes shear";
"have a feeling"
- receive as a retribution or punishment;
"He got 5 years in prison"
- suffer from the receipt of;
"She will catch hell for this behavior!"
- perceive by hearing;
"I didn't catch your name";
"She didn't get his name when they met the first time"
"What did you get at the toy store?"
- come into the possession of something concrete or abstract;
"She got a lot of paintings from her uncle";
"They acquired a new pet";
"get your results the next day";
"get permission to take a few days off from work"
- achieve a point or goal;
"Nicklaus had a 70";
"The Brazilian team got 4 goals";
"She made 29 points that day"
- acquire as a result of some effort or action;
"You cannot get water out of a stone";
"Where did she get these news?"
|Absorb||cause to become one with|
"The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
|Accept||tolerate or accommodate oneself to|
"I shall have to accept these unpleasant working conditions"
"I swallowed the insult"
"She has learned to live with her husband''s little idiosyncracies"
|Access||the act of approaching or entering|
"he gained access to the building"
|Accomplish||put in effect|
"carry out a task"
"execute the decision of the people"
"He actioned the operation"
|Accumulate||collect or gather|
"Journals are accumulating in my office"
"The work keeps piling up"
|Achieve||to gain with effort|
"she achieved her goal despite setbacks"
|Acknowledge||accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority|
"The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
"We do not recognize your gods"
|Acquire||come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)|
"He grew a beard"
"The patient developed abdominal pains"
View all cognitive synonyms for Get
"Abraham begot Isaac"
"Men often father children but don''t recognize them"
View English words with the unique letters used in get. Words With The Letters Egt
|Begetter||a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father)|
"his father was born in Atlanta"
|Father||God when considered as the first person in the Trinity|
"hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
|Forefather||the founder of a family|
"keep the faith of our forefathers"
|Generation||the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production|
|Genesis||the first book of the Old Testament: tells of creation|
Adam and Eve
the Fall of Man
Cain and Abel
Noah and the flood
God''s covenant with Abraham
Abraham and Isaac
Jacob and Esau
Joseph and his brothers
|Mother||a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation|
"necessity is the mother of invention"
|Multiplication||the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production|
|Propagation||the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production|
|Create||make or cause to be or to become|
"make a mess in one''s office"
"create a furor"
|Make||the act of mixing cards haphazardly|
View All Names For Get
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Teg (3 letters)||4||5||get|
|Geta (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||gate|
|Gate (4 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||gate|
|Taegu (5 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||taegu|
|Tegu (4 letters)||5 +1||7 +2||tegu|
|Agate (5 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||agate|
|Beget (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||beegt|
|Get (3 letters)||4||5||get|
|Tedge (5 letters)||7 +3||8 +3||tedge|
Get Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters