- Types Of Speech
- You can use grey as a noun, adjective satellite or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Grey
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters e, g, r, and y, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters re. Grey starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters g, gr, gre, and the ending characters are y, ey, rey, ..
- Gray clothing; "he was dressed in gray"
- Old Norse
- School Grade
- Grey is set as a kindergarten word that starts with g, ends with y, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is grey a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Grey in Pig Latin is said as "eygray or eygrway".
- g | r | e | y
- gr | re | ey
- gre | rey
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- gray clothing;
"he was dressed in gray"
- a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are gray;
"the Confederate army was a vast gray"
- Englishman who as Prime minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- Queen of England for nine days in 1553;
she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
- United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- Verb Examples
- turn gray;
"Her hair began to gray"
- make gray;
"The painter decided to grey the sky"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white;
"gray flannel suit";
"hair just turning gray"
- darkened with overcast;
"a dark day";
"a dull sky";
"a gray rainy afternoon";
"the sky was leaden and thick"
- intermediate in character or position;
"a gray area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"
- used to signify the Confederate forces in the Civil War (who wore gray uniforms);
"a stalwart gray figure"
- showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair;
"whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge;
"nodded his hoary head"
|Achromasia||unnatural lack of color in the skin (as from bruising or sickness or emotional distress)|
|Achromatic||having no hue|
|Achromic||having no color|
|Achromous||having no color|
|Advanced||(of societies) highly developed especially in technology or industry|
"an advanced country technologically"
|Advanced In Life|
|Advanced In Years|
|Aged||people who are old|
"special arrangements were available for the aged"
|Along In Years|
View all cognitive synonyms for Grey
"he was dressed in gray"
|Gyre||a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles|
View English words with the unique letters used in grey. Words With The Letters Egry
|Article Of Clothing|
|Clothing||a covering designed to be worn on a person''s body|
|Vesture||a covering designed to be worn on a person''s body|
|Wear||the act of having on your person as a covering or adornment|
"she bought it for everyday wear"
View All Names For Grey
|Negative Feelings||Describe grey||A word list of negative feeling words and the best English words to describe negative emotions. Emotional negative words... read more|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Grey (4 letters)||8||8||egry|
|Gyre (4 letters)||8||8||egry|
|Greedy (6 letters)||11 +3||11 +3||greedy|
|Grayed (6 letters)||11 +3||11 +3||grayed|
Grey Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With G
- Ends With Y
- Spelled With / Contains Letters