- Types Of Speech
- You can use house as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About House
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters e, h, o, s, and u, 2 consonants, 3 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter u. House starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters h, ho, hou, hous, and the ending characters are e, se, use, ouse, ..
- Play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults; "the children were playing house"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- House is set as a kindergarten word that starts with h, ends with e, 1 syllables, 3 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is house a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- House in Pig Latin is said as "ousehay or ousehway".
- h | o | u | s | e
- ho | ou | us | se
- hou | ous | use
- hous | ouse
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults;
"the children were playing house"
- a dwelling that serves as living quarters for one or more families;
"he has a house on Cape Cod";
"she felt she had to get out of the house"
- a building in which something is sheltered or located;
"they had a large carriage house"
- a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented;
"the house was full"
- aristocratic family line;
"the house of York"
- members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments;
"he worked for a brokerage house"
- a social unit living together;
"he moved his family to Virginia";
"It was a good Christian household";
"I waited until the whole house was asleep";
"the teacher asked how many people made up his home"
- an official assembly having legislative powers;
"the legislature has two houses"
- the audience gathered together in a theatre or cinema;
"the house applauded";
"he counted the house"
- the members of a religious community living together
- the management of a gambling house or casino;
"the house gets a percentage of every bet"
- (astrology) one of 12 equal areas into which the zodiac is divided
- Verb Examples
- provide housing for;
"The immigrants were housed in a new development outside the town"
- contain or cover;
"This box houses the gears"
|Abbey||a monastery ruled by an abbot|
|Abidance||the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)|
|Abode||housing that someone is living in|
"he built a modest dwelling near the pond"
"they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Affiliation||the act of becoming formally connected or joined|
"welcomed the affiliation of the research center with the university"
|Agency||how a result is obtained or an end is achieved|
"a means of control"
"an example is the best agency of instruction"
"the true way to success"
View all cognitive synonyms for House
|House||play in which children take the roles of father or mother or children and pretend to interact like adults|
"the children were playing house"
View English words with the unique letters used in house. Words With The Letters Ehosu
|Play||the act using a sword (or other weapon) vigorously and skillfully|
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|House (5 letters)||8||8||house|
|Chouse (6 letters)||11 +3||12 +4||chouse|
|Housed (6 letters)||10 +2||10 +2||housed|
|Houses (6 letters)||9 +1||9 +1||houses|
|Shoebuy (7 letters)||15 +7||15 +7||shoebuy|
House Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With H
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters