- Types Of Speech
- You can use jaw as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Jaw
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters a, j, and w, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Jaw starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters j, ja, and the ending characters are w, aw, ..
- Holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Jaw is set as a kindergarten word that starts with j, ends with w, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is jaw a scrabble word? A 13 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Jaw in Pig Latin is said as "awjay or awjway".
- j | a | w
- ja | aw
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object
- the part of the skull of a vertebrate that frames the mouth and holds the teeth
- the bones of the skull that frame the mouth and serve to open it;
the bones that hold the teeth
- Verb Examples
- censure severely or angrily;
"The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car";
"The deputy ragged the Prime Minister";
"The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
- talk incessantly and tiresomely
- talk socially without exchanging too much information;
"the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
- chew (food);
"He jawed his bubble gum";
"Chew your food and don't swallow it!";
"The cows were masticating the grass"
|Abuse||cruel or inhumane treatment|
|Accelerator||a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine|
|Ambuscade||the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise|
|Ambush||the act of concealing yourself and lying in wait to attack by surprise|
|Anathematise||curse or declare to be evil or anathema or threaten with divine punishment|
|Anathematize||curse or declare to be evil or anathema or threaten with divine punishment|
|Anathemise||curse or declare to be evil or anathema or threaten with divine punishment|
|Anathemize||curse or declare to be evil or anathema or threaten with divine punishment|
|Babble||gibberish resembling the sounds of a baby|
View all cognitive synonyms for Jaw
|Jaw||holding device consisting of one or both of the opposing parts of a tool that close to hold an object|
View English words with the unique letters used in jaw. Words With The Letters Ajw
View All Names For Jaw
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Jaw (3 letters)||13||15||ajw|
Jaw Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With J
- Ends With W
- Spelled With / Contains Letters