- Types Of Speech
- You can use less as a adverb or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Less
- A 1 syllables adverb and 4 letters with the letters e, l, and s, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters es. Less starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters l, le, les, and the ending characters are s, ss, ess, . Less is also a double consonant (ss) word. View the double consonant words list.
- (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer; "less than three weeks"; "no less than 50 people attended"; "in 25 words or less"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Less is set as a grade two word that starts with l, ends with s, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is less a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Less in Pig Latin is said as "esslay or esslway".
- l | e | s | s
- le | es | ss
- les | ess
- Word Gram
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer;
"less than three weeks";
"no less than 50 people attended";
"in 25 words or less"
- (usually preceded by `no') lower in esteem;
"no less a person than the king himself"
- (usually preceded by `no') lower in quality;
"no less than perfect"
- Adverb Examples
- used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs;
- comparative of little;
"she walks less than she should";
"he works less these days"
|Abase||cause to feel shame|
hurt the pride of
"He humiliated his colleague by criticising him in front of the boss"
|Ablated||removed or taken away by cutting or erosion or melting or evaporation|
"my ablated appendix"
|Atrophied||(of an organ or body part) diminished in size or strength as a result of disease or injury or lack of use|
"partial paralysis resulted in an atrophied left arm"
|Attenuate||become weaker, in strength, value, or magnitude|
|Attenuated||reduced in strength|
"the faded tones of an old recording"
|At A Disadvantage|
|At The Nadir|
|Barring||the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto|
|Base||a support or foundation|
"the base of the lamp"
View all cognitive synonyms for Less
|Less||(nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer|
"less than three weeks"
"no less than 50 people attended"
"in 25 words or less"
View English words with the unique letters used in less. Words With The Letters Els
View All Names For Less
|Fewer||(comparative of `few'' used with count nouns) quantifier meaning a smaller number of;|
"fewer birds came this year";
"the birds are fewer this year";
"fewer trains were late"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Castle (6 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||castle|
|Salve (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||aelsv|
|Valse (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||aelsv|
|Bustle (6 letters)||8 +4||11 +6||belstu|
|Steal (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||aelst|
|Sale (4 letters)||4||5||seal|
|Sell (4 letters)||4||6 +1||sell|
|Tussle (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||tussle|
|Dulse (5 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||dulse|
|Alytes (6 letters)||9 +5||9 +4||alytes|
|Saddle (6 letters)||8 +4||9 +4||saddle|
|Style (5 letters)||8 +4||8 +3||style|
|Stylet (6 letters)||9 +5||9 +4||stylet|
|Scale (5 letters)||7 +3||9 +4||casle|
|Seal (4 letters)||4||5||seal|
|Eacles (6 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||secale|
|Alces (5 letters)||7 +3||9 +4||casle|
|Weasel (6 letters)||9 +5||10 +5||aeelsw|
|Sable (5 letters)||7 +3||9 +4||basel|
|Ateles (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||teasel|
|Cleats (6 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||castle|
|Clews (5 letters)||10 +6||12 +7||clews|
|Easel (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||aeels|
|Lastex (6 letters)||13 +9||14 +9||lastex|
|Sallet (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||stella|
Less Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With L
- Ends With S
- Spelled With / Contains Letters