- Types Of Speech
- You can use moon as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Moon
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters m, n, and o, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters oo. Moon starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters m, mo, moo, and the ending characters are n, on, oon, . Moon is also a double vowel (oo) word. View the double vowel words list.
- Any natural satellite of a planet; "Jupiter has sixteen moons"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Moon is set as a kindergarten word that starts with m, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is moon a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Moon in Pig Latin is said as "oonmay or oonmway".
- m | o | o | n
- mo | oo | on
- moo | oon
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- any natural satellite of a planet;
"Jupiter has sixteen moons"
- the natural satellite of the Earth;
"the average distance to the moon is 384,400 kilometers";
"men first stepped on the moon in 1969"
- any object resembling a moon;
"he made a moon lamp that he used as a night light";
"the clock had a moon that showed various phases"
- United States religious leader (born in Korea) who founded the Unification Church in 1954;
was found guilty of conspiracy to evade taxes (born in 1920)
- the light of the moon;
"moonlight is the smuggler's enemy";
"the moon was bright enough to read by"
- the period between successive new moons (29.531 days)
- Verb Examples
- expose one's buttocks to;
"moon the audience"
- be idle in a listless or dreamy way
- have dreamlike musings or fantasies while awake;
"She looked out the window, daydreaming"
|Artemis||(Greek mythology) the virgin goddess of the hunt and the moon|
daughter of Leto and twin sister of Apollo
identified with Roman Diana
|Ashtoreth||an ancient Semitic fertility goddess|
identified with Phoenician Astarte and Babylonian Ishtar
|Astarte||a fertility goddess|
counterpart of Ashtoreth and Ishtar
View all cognitive synonyms for Moon
|Moon||any natural satellite of a planet|
"Jupiter has sixteen moons"
|Mono||an acute disease characterized by fever and swollen lymph nodes and an abnormal increase of mononuclear leucocytes or monocytes in the bloodstream|
not highly contagious
some believe it can be transmitted by kissing
View English words with the unique letters used in moon. Words With The Letters Mno
|Satellite||man-made equipment that orbits around the earth or the moon|
View All Names For Moon
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Amount (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||amount|
|Coming (6 letters)||11 +5||15 +7||cgimno|
|Ransom (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||amnors|
|Motion (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||motion|
|Mount (5 letters)||7 +1||10 +2||mount|
|Monte (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||monet|
|Mound (5 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||mound|
|Mid On (6 letters)|
|Amnio (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||naomi|
|COMINT (6 letters)||10 +4||13 +5||comint|
|Simony (6 letters)||11 +5||12 +4||myosin|
|Maldon (6 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||adlmno|
|Monera (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||enamor|
|Minnow (6 letters)||11 +5||14 +6||minnow|
|Amnion (6 letters)||8 +2||11 +3||amnion|
|Amnios (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||osmani|
|Monal (5 letters)||7 +1||10 +2||monal|
|Monaul (6 letters)||8 +2||12 +4||monaul|
|Amazon (6 letters)||17 +11||19 +11||amazon|
|Neomys (6 letters)||11 +5||12 +4||symone|
|Anomia (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||anomia|
|Nomia (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +1||naomi|
|Homona (6 letters)||11 +5||12 +4||homona|
|Morgan (6 letters)||9 +3||12 +4||agmnor|
|Merino (6 letters)||8 +2||10 +2||merino|
Moon Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With M
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters