- Types Of Speech
- You can use motive as a noun in a sentence.
- About Motive
- A 2 syllables noun and 6 letters with the letters e, i, m, o, t, and v, 3 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letters ti. Motive starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters m, mo, mot, moti, motiv, and the ending characters are e, ve, ive, tive, otive, ..
- The psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; "we did not understand his motivation"; "he acted with the best of motives"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Motive is set as a grade four word that starts with m, ends with e, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 6 letters.
- Is motive a scrabble word? A 11 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Motive in Pig Latin is said as "otivemay or otivemway".
- m | o | t | i | v | e
- mo | ot | ti | iv | ve
- mot | oti | tiv | ive
- moti | otiv | tive
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal;
the reason for the action;
that which gives purpose and direction to behavior;
"we did not understand his motivation";
"he acted with the best of motives"
- a theme that is elaborated on in a piece of music
|Absence||failure to be present|
|Accent||a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation|
|Activating||the activity of causing to have energy and be active|
|Activation||making active and effective (as a bomb)|
|Active||a person devoted to the active life|
|Activity||any specific activity|
"they avoided all recreational activity"
|Actuation||the act of propelling|
|Ado||a rapid bustling commotion|
|Aim||the action of directing something at an object|
"he took aim and fired"
View all cognitive synonyms for Motive
|Motive||the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal|
the reason for the action
that which gives purpose and direction to behavior
"we did not understand his motivation"
"he acted with the best of motives"
View English words with the unique letters used in motive. Words With The Letters Eimotv
|Actuate||put in motion or move to act|
"trigger a reaction"
"actuate the circuits"
|Incite||provoke or stir up|
"incite a riot"
"set off great unrest among the people"
|Motivate||give an incentive for action|
"This moved me to sacrifice my career"
|Move||the act of deciding to do something|
"he didn''t make a move to help"
"his first move was to hire a lawyer"
|Prompt||(computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command|
|Propel||cause to move forward with force|
"Steam propels this ship"
|Ethics||the philosophical study of moral values and rules|
|Impulse||the act of applying force suddenly;|
"the impulse knocked him over"
|Life||living things collectively;|
"the oceans are teeming with life"
|Morality||concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong;|
right or good conduct
|Morals||motivation based on ideas of right and wrong|
View All Hyponyms For Motive
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Motive (6 letters)||11||13||motive|
|Vomitive (8 letters)||16 +5||19 +6||vomitive|
|Motivate (8 letters)||13 +2||15 +2||motivate|
|Emotive (7 letters)||12 +1||14 +1||emotive|
|Immotive (8 letters)||15 +4||18 +5||immotive|
Motive Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With M
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters