- Types Of Speech
- You can use onslaught as a noun in a sentence.
- About Onslaught
- A 2 syllables noun and 9 letters with the letters a, g, h, l, n, o, s, t, and u, 6 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter a. Onslaught starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters o, on, ons, onsl, onsla, and the ending characters are t, ht, ght, ught, aught, ..
- (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons); "the attack began at dawn"
- School Grade
- Onslaught is set as a sat word that starts with o, ends with t, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Onslaught in Pig Latin is said as "onslaughtay or onslaughtway".
- o | n | s | l | a | u | g | h | t
- on | ns | sl | la | au | ug | gh | ht
- ons | nsl | sla | lau | aug | ugh | ght
- onsl | nsla | slau | laug | augh | ught
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- (military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons);
"the attack began at dawn"
- the rapid and continuous delivery of linguistic communication (spoken or written)
- a sudden and severe onset of trouble
|A||the 1st letter of the Roman alphabet|
|Abuse||cruel or inhumane treatment|
|Advance||the act of moving forward toward a goal|
|Advancement||gradual improvement or growth or development|
"advancement of knowledge"
"great progress in the arts"
|Aggression||violent action that is hostile and usually unprovoked|
|Alpha||the 1st letter of the Greek alphabet|
View all cognitive synonyms for Onslaught
|Onslaught||(military) an offensive against an enemy (using weapons)|
"the attack began at dawn"
View English words with the unique letters used in onslaught. Words With The Letters Aghlnostu
|Aggress||take the initiative and go on the offensive|
"The Serbs attacked the village at night"
"The visiting team started to attack"
|Assail||attack in speech or writing|
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
|Attack||a decisive manner of beginning a musical tone or phrase|
|Operation||the activity of operating something (a machine or business etc.)|
"her smooth operation of the vehicle gave us a surprisingly comfortable ride"
|Blitz||a rapid and violent military attack with intensive aerial bombardment|
|Bombardment||an attack by dropping bombs|
|Bombing||an attack by dropping bombs|
|Charge||a special assignment that is given to a person or group;|
"a confidential mission to London";
"his charge was deliver a message"
|Counterattack||(chess) an attack that is intended to counter the opponent''s advantage in another part of the board|
|Countermove||an attack by a defending force against an attacking enemy force in order to regain lost ground or cut off enemy advance units etc.|
|Coup De Main|
|Diversion||a turning aside (of your course or attention or concern);|
"a diversion from the main highway";
"a digression into irrelevant details";
"a deflection from his goal"
View All Hyponyms For Onslaught
Onslaught Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With O
- Ends With T
- Spelled With / Contains Letters