- Types Of Speech
- You can use oppression as a noun in a sentence.
- About Oppression
- A 3 syllables noun and 10 letters with the letters e, i, n, o, p, r, and s, 6 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters es. Oppression starts with a vowel and ends in a consonant with the starting letters o, op, opp, oppr, oppre, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, sion, ssion, . Oppression is also a double consonant (pp), and double consonant (ss) word. View the double consonant words list.
- The act of subjugating by cruelty; "the tyrant''s oppression of the people"
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, oppression has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are oppress, and ion.
- Pig Latin
- Oppression in Pig Latin is said as "oppressionay or oppressionway".
- o | p | p | r | e | s | s | i | o | n
- op | pp | pr | re | es | ss | si | io | on
- opp | ppr | pre | res | ess | ssi | sio | ion
- oppr | ppre | pres | ress | essi | ssio | sion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the act of subjugating by cruelty;
"the tyrant's oppression of the people"
- a feeling of being oppressed
- the state of being kept down by unjust use of force or authority: "after years of oppression they finally revolted"
|Absolutism||the doctrine of an absolute being|
|Abuse||cruel or inhumane treatment|
|Act Of Terrorism|
|Affliction||a cause of great suffering and distress|
|Anguish||extreme mental distress|
|Apathy||the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally|
|Asperity||harshness of manner|
|Authoritarianism||a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)|
View all cognitive synonyms for Oppression
|Oppression||the act of subjugating by cruelty|
"the tyrant''s oppression of the people"
View English words with the unique letters used in oppression. Words With The Letters Einoprs
|Crush||the act of crushing|
|Oppress||come down on or keep down by unjust use of one''s authority|
"The government oppresses political activists"
|Suppress||to put down by force or authority|
"suppress a nascent uprising"
"stamp down on littering"
"conquer one''s desires"
Oppression Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With O
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters