- Types Of Speech
- You can use plate as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Plate
- A 1 syllables noun and 5 letters with the letters a, e, l, p, and t, 3 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter a. Plate starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters p, pl, pla, plat, and the ending characters are e, te, ate, late, ..
- The position on a baseball team of the player who is stationed behind home plate and who catches the balls that the pitcher throws; "a catcher needs a lot of protective equipment"; "he plays behind the plate"
- Old French
- School Grade
- Plate is set as a kindergarten word that starts with p, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 5 letters.
- Is plate a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Plate in Pig Latin is said as "ateplay or ateplway".
- p | l | a | t | e
- pl | la | at | te
- pla | lat | ate
- plat | late
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the position on a baseball team of the player who is stationed behind home plate and who catches the balls that the pitcher throws;
"a catcher needs a lot of protective equipment";
"he plays behind the plate"
- a dental appliance that artificially replaces missing teeth
- (baseball) base consisting of a rubber slab where the batter stands;
it must be touched by a base runner in order to score;
"he ruled that the runner failed to touch home"
- dish on which food is served or from which food is eaten
- a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
- a sheet of metal or wood or glass or plastic
- a shallow receptacle for collection in church
- structural member consisting of a horizontal beam that provides bearing and anchorage
- a full-page illustration (usually on slick paper)
- a flat sheet of metal or glass on which a photographic image can be recorded
- the positively charged electrode in a vacuum tube
- any flat platelike body structure or part
- a main course served on a plate;
"a vegetable plate";
"the blue plate special"
- the thin under portion of the forequarter
- a rigid layer of the Earth's crust that is believed to drift slowly
- the quantity contained in a plate
- Verb Examples
- coat with a layer of metal;
"plate spoons with silver"
|Acid||street name for lysergic acid diethylamide|
|Actor||a theatrical performer|
|Afters||a dish served as the last course of a meal|
|Agenda||a temporally organized plan for matters to be attended to|
|Aid||the work of caring for or attending to someone or something|
"no medical care was required"
"the old car needed constant attention"
View all cognitive synonyms for Plate
|Plate||the position on a baseball team of the player who is stationed behind home plate and who catches the balls that the pitcher throws|
"a catcher needs a lot of protective equipment"
"he plays behind the plate"
|Pleat||any of various types of fold formed by doubling fabric back upon itself and then pressing or stitching into shape|
|Tepal||an undifferentiated part of a perianth that cannot be distinguished as a sepal or a petal (as in lillies and tulips)|
|Petal||part of the perianth that is usually brightly colored|
View English words with the unique letters used in plate. Words With The Letters Aelpt
|Catch||the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)|
"the policeman on the beat got credit for the collar"
|Grab||the act of catching an object with the hands|
"Mays made the catch with his back to the plate"
"he made a grab for the ball before it landed"
"Martin''s snatch at the bridle failed and the horse raced away"
"the infielder''s snap and throw was a single
|Take Hold Of|
|Position||the act of positing|
an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Plate (5 letters)||7||9||plate|
|Plataea (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||plataea|
|Patella (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||patella|
|Lappet (6 letters)||10 +3||13 +4||applet|
|Epaulet (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||epaulet|
|L Plate (7 letters)|
|Palette (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||aeelptt|
|Pallet (6 letters)||8 +1||11 +2||pallet|
|Pleat (5 letters)||7||9||plate|
|Palate (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||aaelpt|
|Applet (6 letters)||10 +3||13 +4||applet|
|Playlet (7 letters)||12 +5||14 +5||aellpty|
|Platte (6 letters)||8 +1||10 +1||platte|
|Plateau (7 letters)||9 +2||12 +3||plateau|
|Tepal (5 letters)||7||9||plate|
|Petal (5 letters)||7||9||plate|
|Palpate (7 letters)||11 +4||14 +5||aaelppt|
|Peltate (7 letters)||9 +2||11 +2||aeelptt|
|Yelp At (7 letters)|
Plate Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters