- Types Of Speech
- You can use preposition as a noun in a sentence.
- About Preposition
- A 4 syllables noun and 11 letters with the letters e, i, n, o, p, r, s, and t, 6 consonants, 5 vowels and 4 syllables with the middle letter s. Preposition starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters p, pr, pre, prep, prepo, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ition, ..
- A function word that combines with a noun or pronoun or noun phrase to form a prepositional phrase that can have an adverbial or adjectival relation to some other word
- School Grade
- Preposition is set as a grade six word that starts with p, ends with n, 4 syllables, 5 vowels and 11 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Preposition in Pig Latin is said as "epositionpray or epositionprway".
- p | r | e | p | o | s | i | t | i | o | n
- pr | re | ep | po | os | si | it | ti | io | on
- pre | rep | epo | pos | osi | sit | iti | tio | ion
- prep | repo | epos | posi | osit | siti | itio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a function word that combines with a noun or pronoun or noun phrase to form a prepositional phrase that can have an adverbial or adjectival relation to some other word
- (linguistics) the placing of one linguistic element before another (as placing a modifier before the word it modifies in a sentence or placing an affix before the base to which it is attached)
|Adjectival||of or relating to or functioning as an adjective|
"an adjective clause"
|Adjective||the word class that qualifies nouns|
|Adverb||the word class that qualifies verbs or clauses|
|Adverbial||a word or group of words function as an adverb|
placed before the nouns they modify
"`red'' is an attributive adjective in `a red apple''"
|Conjunction||something that joins or connects|
|Copula||an equating verb (such as `be'' or `become'') that links the subject with the complement of a sentence|
View all cognitive synonyms for Preposition
|Preposition||a function word that combines with a noun or pronoun or noun phrase to form a prepositional phrase that can have an adverbial or adjectival relation to some other word|
View English words with the unique letters used in preposition. Words With The Letters Einoprst
|Build Vocabulary||Help preposition||What are some of the best words to use to help improve vocabulary, whether by using or words that should be known by all... read more|
Preposition Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With N