- Types Of Speech
- You can use primitive as a noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Primitive
- A 3 syllables noun and 9 letters with the letters e, i, m, p, r, t, and v, 5 consonants, 4 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letter i. Primitive starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters p, pr, pri, prim, primi, and the ending characters are e, ve, ive, tive, itive, ..
- A word serving as the basis for inflected or derived forms; "`pick'' is the primitive from which `picket'' is derived"
- Old French
- School Grade
- Primitive is set as a sat word that starts with p, ends with e, 3 syllables, 4 vowels and 9 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Primitive in Pig Latin is said as "imitivepray or imitiveprway".
- p | r | i | m | i | t | i | v | e
- pr | ri | im | mi | it | ti | iv | ve
- pri | rim | imi | mit | iti | tiv | ive
- prim | rimi | imit | miti | itiv | tive
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a word serving as the basis for inflected or derived forms;
"`pick' is the primitive from which `picket' is derived"
- a mathematical expression from which another expression is derived
- a person who belongs to early stage of civilization
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- used of preliterate or tribal or nonindustrial societies;
- little evolved from or characteristic of an earlier ancestral type;
"archaic forms of life";
"the okapi is a short-necked primitive cousin of the giraffe"
- belonging to an early stage of technical development;
characterized by simplicity and (often) crudeness;
"the crude weapons and rude agricultural implements of early man";
"primitive movies of the 1890s";
"primitive living conditions in the Appalachian mo
- of or created by one without formal training;
simple or naive in style;
"primitive art such as that by Grandma Moses is often colorful and striking"
|Abecedarian||a 16th century sect of Anabaptists centered in Germany who had an absolute disdain for human knowledge|
|Abo||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aboriginal||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Aborigine||a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived|
|Altogether||informal terms for nakedness|
"in the raw"
"in the altogether"
"in his birthday suit"
|Ancestral||inherited or inheritable by established rules (usually legal rules) of descent|
"an ancient mariner"
|Android||an automaton that resembles a human being|
|Animal||a living organism characterized by voluntary movement|
View all cognitive synonyms for Primitive
|Primitive||a word serving as the basis for inflected or derived forms|
"`pick'' is the primitive from which `picket'' is derived"
View English words with the unique letters used in primitive. Words With The Letters Eimprtv
|Word||a unit of language that native speakers can identify|
"words are the blocks from which sentences are made"
"he hardly said ten words all morning"
Primitive Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With P
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters