- Types Of Speech
- You can use quarter as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Quarter
- A 2 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters a, e, q, r, t, and u, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter r. Quarter starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters q, qu, qua, quar, quart, and the ending characters are r, er, ter, rter, arter, ..
- Piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- School Grade
- Quarter is set as a sat word that starts with q, ends with r, 2 syllables, 3 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is quarter a scrabble word? A 16 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Quarter in Pig Latin is said as "uarterqay or uarterqway".
- q | u | a | r | t | e | r
- qu | ua | ar | rt | te | er
- qua | uar | art | rte | ter
- quar | uart | arte | rter
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
- the rear part of a ship
- a district of a city having some distinguishing character;
"the Latin quarter"
- an unspecified person;
"he dropped a word in the right quarter"
- a United States coin worth one fourth of a dollar;
"he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
- a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
- a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
- one of four equal parts;
"a quarter of a pound"
- one of the four major division of the compass;
"the wind is coming from that quarter"
- a fourth part of a year;
"unemployment fell during the last quarter"
- one of four periods into which the school year is divided;
"the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
- a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour;
"it's a quarter til 4";
"a quarter after 4 o'clock"
- one of four periods of play into which some games are divided;
"both teams scored in the first quarter"
- Verb Examples
- divide by four;
divide into quarters
- divide into quarters;
"quarter an apple"
- pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him;
"in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
- provide housing for (military personnel)
|Abidance||the act of abiding (enduring without yielding)|
|Abode||housing that someone is living in|
"he built a modest dwelling near the pond"
"they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
|Accommodate||make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose|
"Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Achievement||the action of accomplishing something|
|Adapt||adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions|
"We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
|Adjunct||a construction that is part of a sentence but not essential to its meaning and can be omitted without making the sentence ungrammatical|
View all cognitive synonyms for Quarter
|Quarter||piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp|
View English words with the unique letters used in quarter. Words With The Letters Aeqrtu
|Piece Of Leather|
|Upper||a central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite;|
used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Quarter (7 letters)||16||17||quarter|
|Quartet (7 letters)||16||17||quartet|
|Quartette (9 letters)||18 +2||19 +2||quartette|
|Exequatur (9 letters)||25 +9||27 +10||aeeqrtuux|
Quarter Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With Q
- Ends With R
- Spelled With / Contains Letters