- Types Of Speech
- You can use rain as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Rain
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters a, i, n, and r, 2 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters ai. Rain starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters r, ra, rai, and the ending characters are n, in, ain, ..
- Anything happening rapidly or in quick successive; "a rain of bullets"; "a pelting of insults"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Rain is set as a grade two word that starts with r, ends with n, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is rain a scrabble word? A 4 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Rain in Pig Latin is said as "ainray or ainrway".
- r | a | i | n
- ra | ai | in
- rai | ain
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- anything happening rapidly or in quick successive;
"a rain of bullets";
"a pelting of insults"
- water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
- drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
- Verb Examples
- precipitate as rain;
"If it rains much more, we can expect some flooding"
|Abound||be abundant or plentiful|
exist in large quantities
|Administer||administer or bestow, as in small portions|
"administer critical remarks to everyone present"
"dole out some money"
"shell out pocket money for the children"
"deal a blow to someone"
|Afford||be able to spare or give up|
"I can''t afford to spend two hours with this person"
|Agua||largest known toad species|
native to Central America
valuable destroyer of insect pests
|Allot||give out or allot|
"We were assigned new uniforms"
|Allow||allow or plan for a certain possibility|
concede the truth or validity of something
"I allow for this possibility"
"The seamstress planned for 5% shrinkage after the first wash"
|Alluvion||clay or silt or gravel carried by rushing streams and deposited where the stream slows down|
|Aqua||a shade of blue tinged with green|
View all cognitive synonyms for Rain
|Rain||anything happening rapidly or in quick successive|
"a rain of bullets"
"a pelting of insults"
|Iran||a theocratic islamic republic in the Middle East in western Asia|
Iran was the core of the ancient empire that was known as Persia until 1935
rich in oil
involved in state-sponsored terrorism
|Rani||(the feminine of raja) a Hindu princess or the wife of a raja|
View English words with the unique letters used in rain. Words With The Letters Ainr
|Bombard||a large shawm|
the bass member of the shawm family
|Pelt||body covering of a living animal|
|Sequence||the action of following in order|
"he played the trumps in sequence"
|Succession||acquisition of property by descent or by will|
|Successiveness||a following of one thing after another in time|
"the doctor saw a sequence of patients"
View All Names For Rain
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Strain (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||trnais|
|Surnia (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||surnia|
|Natrix (6 letters)||13 +9||14 +9||natrix|
|Instar (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||trnais|
|Nutria (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||nutria|
|Train (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||train|
|Rain (4 letters)||4||5||rain|
|Naris (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||naris|
|Zyrian (6 letters)||18 +14||18 +13||zyrian|
|Raisin (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||aiinrs|
|Tirana (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||tirana|
|Iran (4 letters)||4||5||rain|
|Ariana (6 letters)||6 +2||7 +2||ariana|
|Urania (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||aainru|
|Vanir (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||vanir|
|Irani (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||irani|
|Syrian (6 letters)||9 +5||9 +4||syrian|
|Rani (4 letters)||4||5||rain|
|Rivina (6 letters)||9 +5||11 +6||rivina|
|Naira (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||arian|
|Anuria (6 letters)||6 +2||8 +3||aainru|
|Invar (5 letters)||8 +4||10 +5||vanir|
|Sarin (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||naris|
|Rainy (5 letters)||8 +4||8 +3||rainy|
|Riant (5 letters)||5 +1||6 +1||train|
Rain Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters