- Middle English
- Type Of Speech
- You can use red as a noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- School Grade
- Red is set as a kindergarten word that starts with r, ends with d, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 3 letters.
- Word Information
- A 1 syllables noun with the letters d, e and r, 2 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables. The starting characters are r, re, and ending characters are d, ed, with 3 letters..
- Noun Examples
- the quality or state of the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood
- a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries
- the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue;
"the company operated at a loss last year";
"the company operated in the red last year"
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- characterized by violence or bloodshed;
"writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"- Andrea Parke;
"fann'd by Conquest's crimson wing"- Thomas Gray;
"convulsed with red rage"- Hudson Strode
- red with or characterized by blood;
"waving our red weapons o'er our heads"- Shakespeare;
"The red Badge of Courage";
"the red rules of tooth and claw"- P.B.Sears
- having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion;
"crimson with fury";
"turned red from exertion";
"with puffy reddened eyes";
"red-faced and violent";
"flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
|Amblyopia||visual impairment without apparent organic pathology|
|Anarchist||an advocate of anarchism|
|Bloom||a powdery deposit on a surface|
|Blush||sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty)|
|Bolshevik||emotionally charged terms used to refer to extreme radicals or revolutionaries|
View all cognitive synonyms for Red
|Red||the quality or state of the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood|
View English words with the unique letters used in red. Words With The Letters Der
|Cardinal||crested thick-billed North American finch having bright red plumage in the male|
|Carmine||a variable color averaging a vivid red|
|Cerise||a red the color of ripe cherries|
|Cherry||a red the color of ripe cherries|
|Crimson||turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame;|
"The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
View All Hyponyms For Red
View All Names For Red
Red Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With D
- Spelled With / Contains Letters
Found In These Quantum Lists!
Word Finder Social Comments.
You guys and gals are all awesome. Please read the about page to learn who I am, and how this word finding tool works behind the scenes. This is a free word website, made by one dude. If you are not happy with this free website, I ask that you please send feedback or comment your thoughts below. Your constructive and kind criticism is appreciated.
Thank you for visting. I will be adding a comments tool for all writers, authors and members to interact and associate yourselves with words!
All comments will be moderated by authorized editors.