- Types Of Speech
- You can use running as a noun in a sentence.
- About Running
- A 2 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters g, i, n, r, and u, 5 consonants, 2 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter n. Running starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters r, ru, run, runn, runni, and the ending characters are g, ng, ing, ning, nning, . Running is also a double consonant (nn) word. View the double consonant words list.
- The act of running; traveling on foot at a fast pace; "he broke into a run"; "his daily run keeps him fit"
- School Grade
- Running is set as a grade two word that starts with r, ends with g, 2 syllables, 2 vowels and 7 letters.
- Is running a scrabble word? A 8 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Running in Pig Latin is said as "unningray or unningrway".
- r | u | n | n | i | n | g
- ru | un | nn | ni | in | ng
- run | unn | nni | nin | ing
- runn | unni | nnin | ning
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the act of running;
traveling on foot at a fast pace;
"he broke into a run";
"his daily run keeps him fit"
- the act of participating in an athletic competition involving running on a track
- (American football) a play in which a player runs with the ball;
"the defensive line braced to stop the run";
"the coach put great emphasis on running"
- the act of administering or being in charge of something;
"he has responsibility for the running of two companies at the same time"
- the state of being in operation;
"the engine is running smoothly"
|Absorbed||taken in through the pores of a surface|
"the absorbed water expanded the sponge"
|Acting||the performance of a part or role in a drama|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
|Active||a person devoted to the active life|
|Activity||any specific activity|
"they avoided all recreational activity"
|Actual||presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible|
"the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"
"actual and imagined conditions"
|Actuation||the act of propelling|
|Ado||a rapid bustling commotion|
|Affluent||a branch that flows into the main stream|
|Ageless||continuing forever or indefinitely|
"the ageless themes of love and revenge"
"hell''s perpetual fires"
"the unending bliss of heaven"
View all cognitive synonyms for Running
|Running||the act of running|
traveling on foot at a fast pace
"he broke into a run"
"his daily run keeps him fit"
View English words with the unique letters used in running. Words With The Letters Ginru
|Run||a score in baseball made by a runner touching all four bases safely|
"the Yankees scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th"
"their first tally came in the 3rd inning"
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Incurring (9 letters)||12 +4||17 +4||incurring|
|Gunfire (7 letters)||11 +3||14 +1||gunfire|
|Ruining (7 letters)||8||12||ruining|
|Running (7 letters)||8||13||running|
|Burning (7 letters)||10 +2||15 +2||burning|
|Drugging (8 letters)||12 +4||17 +4||grudging|
|Rubbing (7 letters)||12 +4||17 +4||rubbing|
|Burying (7 letters)||13 +5||16 +3||burying|
|Reburying (9 letters)||15 +7||18 +5||beginrruy|
|Drubbing (8 letters)||14 +6||19 +6||drubbing|
|Urging (6 letters)||8||12||gginru|
|Nucifraga (9 letters)||15 +7||19 +6||nucifraga|
|Underwing (9 letters)||14 +6||18 +5||deginnruw|
|Air Gun (7 letters)|
|Airgun (6 letters)||7||10||airgun|
|Curbing (7 letters)||12 +4||17 +4||curbing|
|Figurine (8 letters)||12 +4||15 +2||efgiinru|
|Furring (7 letters)||11 +3||14 +1||furring|
|Figuring (8 letters)||13 +5||17 +4||figuring|
|Guarani (7 letters)||8||11||guarani|
|Ugrian (6 letters)||7||10||airgun|
|Arguing (7 letters)||9 +1||13||arguing|
|Aubergine (9 letters)||12 +4||16 +3||aubergine|
|Nicaragua (9 letters)||12 +4||16 +3||nicaragua|
|Guardian (8 letters)||10 +2||13||guardian|
Running Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With R
- Ends With G
- Spelled With / Contains Letters