- Types Of Speech
- You can use see as a noun, adverb or as a verb in a sentence.
- About See
- A 1 syllables noun and 3 letters with the letters e, and s, 1 consonants, 2 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letter e. See starts with a consonant and ends with a vowel with the starting letters s, se, and the ending characters are e, ee, . See is also a double vowel (ee) word. View the double vowel words list.
- The seat within a bishop''s diocese where his cathedral is located
- Middle English
- School Grade
- See is set as a kindergarten word that starts with s, ends with e, 1 syllables, 2 vowels and 3 letters.
- Is see a scrabble word? A 3 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- See in Pig Latin is said as "eesay or eesway".
- s | e | e
- se | ee
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located
- Verb Examples
- perceive (an idea or situation) mentally;
"Now I see!";
"I just can't see your point";
"Does she realize how important this decision is?";
"I don't understand the idea"
- get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally;
"I learned that she has two grown-up children";
"I see that you have been promoted"
- make sense of;
assign a meaning to;
"What message do you see in this letter?";
"How do you interpret his behavior?"
- be careful or certain to do something;
make certain of something;
"He verified that the valves were closed";
"see that the curtains are closed";
"control the quality of the product"
- deem to be;
"She views this quite differently from me";
"I consider her to be shallow";
"I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
- deliberate or decide;
"see whether you can come tomorrow";
"let's see--which movie should we see tonight?"
- find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort;
"I want to see whether she speaks French";
"see whether it works";
"find out if he speaks Russian";
"Check whether the train leaves on time"
- match or meet;
"I saw the bet of one of my fellow players"
- receive as a specified guest;
"the doctor will see you now";
"The minister doesn't see anybody before noon"
see in one's mind;
"I can't see him on horseback!";
"I can see what will happen";
"I can see a risk in this strategy"
- come together;
"I'll probably see you at the meeting";
"How nice to see you again!"
- go or live through;
"We had many trials to go through";
"he saw action in Viet Nam"
- perceive or be contemporaneous with;
"We found Republicans winning the offices";
"You'll see a lot of cheating in this school";
"I want to see results";
"The 1960 saw the rebellion of the younger generation against established traditions";
"I want to see
- perceive by sight or have the power to perceive by sight;
"You have to be a good observer to see all the details";
"Can you see the bird in that tree?";
"He is blind--he cannot see"
- see and understand, have a good eye;
"The artist must first learn to see"
- observe, check out, and look over carefully or inspect;
"The customs agent examined the baggage";
"I must see your passport before you can enter the country"
- see or watch;
"view a show on television";
"This program will be seen all over the world";
"view an exhibition";
"Catch a show on Broadway";
"see a movie"
- observe as if with an eye;
"The camera saw the burglary and recorded it"
- date regularly;
have a steady relationship with;
"Did you know that she is seeing an older man?";
"He is dating his former wife again!"
- go to see for professional or business reasons;
"You should see a lawyer";
"We had to see a psychiatrist"
- go to see for a social visit;
"I went to see my friend Mary the other day"
- visit a place, as for entertainment;
"We went to see the Eiffel Tower in the morning"
- take charge of or deal with;
"Could you see about lunch?";
"I must attend to this matter";
"She took care of this business"
- Adverb Examples
- compare (used in texts to point the reader to another location in the text)
|Absorb||cause to become one with|
"The sales tax is absorbed into the state income tax"
|Acknowledge||accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority|
"The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"
"We do not recognize your gods"
|Advert||a public promotion of some product or service|
|Analyse||subject to psychoanalytic treatment|
"I was analyzed in Vienna by a famous psychiatrist"
|Analyze||subject to psychoanalytic treatment|
"I was analyzed in Vienna by a famous psychiatrist"
|Animadvert||express blame or censure or make a harshly critical remark|
|Annoy||cause annoyance in|
disturb, especially by minor irritations
"Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
"It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
|Ante||(poker) the initial contribution that each player makes to the pot|
|Appear||come into sight or view|
"He suddenly appeared at the wedding"
"A new star appeared on the horizon"
View all cognitive synonyms for See
|See||the seat within a bishop''s diocese where his cathedral is located|
|ESE||the compass point midway between east and southeast|
View English words with the unique letters used in see. Words With The Letters Es
|Seat||any support where you can sit (especially the part of a chair or bench etc. on which you sit)|
"he dusted off the seat before sitting down"
|State Of The Vatican City|
|The Holy See|
|Diocese||the territorial jurisdiction of a bishop|
View All Names For See
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Cause (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +6||sauce|
|Beast (5 letters)||7 +4||8 +5||abest|
|State (5 letters)||5 +2||5 +2||state|
|Best (4 letters)||6 +3||7 +4||best|
|Use (3 letters)||3||4 +1||use|
|Abuse (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +6||abuse|
|Tease (5 letters)||5 +2||5 +2||aeest|
|Deeds (5 letters)||7 +4||7 +4||deeds|
|Sweat (5 letters)||8 +5||8 +5||watse|
|Set (3 letters)||3||3||est|
|Stead (5 letters)||6 +3||6 +3||sated|
|Waste (5 letters)||8 +5||8 +5||watse|
|Essay (5 letters)||8 +5||7 +4||essay|
|Test (4 letters)||4 +1||4 +1||estt|
|Taste (5 letters)||5 +2||5 +2||state|
|Ease (4 letters)||4 +1||4 +1||ease|
|Save (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +5||vase|
|Case (4 letters)||6 +3||7 +4||case|
|Zeus (4 letters)||13 +10||14 +11||zeus|
|Aves (4 letters)||7 +4||8 +5||vase|
|Eyas (4 letters)||7 +4||6 +3||easy|
|Seta (4 letters)||4 +1||4 +1||east|
|Scute (5 letters)||7 +4||9 +6||scute|
|Aedes (5 letters)||6 +3||6 +3||aedes|
|Steed (5 letters)||6 +3||6 +3||steed|
See Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With E
- Spelled With / Contains Letters