- Types Of Speech
- You can use sesquipedalian as a noun or as a adjective satellite in a sentence.
- About Sesquipedalian
- A 6 syllables noun and 14 letters with the letters a, d, e, i, l, n, p, q, s, and u, 7 consonants, 7 vowels and 6 syllables with the middle letters pe. Sesquipedalian starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, se, ses, sesq, sesqu, and the ending characters are n, an, ian, lian, alian, ..
- A very long word (a foot and a half long)
- Pig Latin
- Sesquipedalian in Pig Latin is said as "esquipedaliansay or esquipedaliansway".
- s | e | s | q | u | i | p | e | d | a | l | i | a | n
- se | es | sq | qu | ui | ip | pe | ed | da | al | li | ia | an
- ses | esq | squ | qui | uip | ipe | ped | eda | dal | ali | lia | ian
- sesq | esqu | squi | quip | uipe | iped | peda | edal | dali | alia | lian
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a very long word (a foot and a half long)
- Adjective Satellite Examples
- (of words) long and ponderous;
having many syllables;
"sesquipedalian technical terms"
- given to the overuse of long words;
"this sesquipedalian way of saying one has no money"
"that artificial humility that her husband hated"
"a stilted letter of acknowledgment"
"when people try to correct their speech they develop a stilted pronunciation"
|Awkward||not at ease socially|
unsure and constrained in manner
"awkward and reserved at parties"
"ill at ease among eddies of people he didn''t know"
"was always uneasy with strangers"
|A Mile Long|
|Bloated||abnormally distended especially by fluids or gas|
"hungry children with bloated stomachs"
"he had a grossly distended stomach"
"eyes with puffed (or puffy) lids"
"puffy tumid flesh"
|Bombastic||ostentatiously lofty in style|
"a man given to large talk"
"tumid political prose"
|Cadaver||the dead body of a human being|
|Clay||the dead body of a human being|
|Clumsy||not elegant or graceful in expression|
"an awkward prose style"
"a clumsy apology"
"his cumbersome writing style"
"if the rumor is true, can anything be more inept than to repeat it now?"
|Clunky||lacking grace in movement or posture|
"a gawky lad with long ungainly legs"
"what an ungainly creature a giraffe is"
"heaved his unwieldy figure out of his chair"
"a constrained smile"
"a strained smile"
View all cognitive synonyms for Sesquipedalian
|Sesquipedalian||a very long word (a foot and a half long)|
View English words with the unique letters used in sesquipedalian. Words With The Letters Adeilnpqsu
|Polysyllable||a word of more than three syllables|
Sesquipedalian Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With N