- Types Of Speech
- You can use skeleton as a noun in a sentence.
- About Skeleton
- A 3 syllables noun and 8 letters with the letters e, k, l, n, o, s, and t, 5 consonants, 3 vowels and 3 syllables with the middle letters le. Skeleton starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, sk, ske, skel, skele, and the ending characters are n, on, ton, eton, leton, ..
- The internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape; "the building has a steel skeleton"
- Ancient Greek
- School Grade
- Skeleton is set as a grade seven word that starts with s, ends with n, 3 syllables, 3 vowels and 8 letters.
- Pig Latin
- Skeleton in Pig Latin is said as "eletonskay or eletonskway".
- s | k | e | l | e | t | o | n
- sk | ke | el | le | et | to | on
- ske | kel | ele | let | eto | ton
- skel | kele | elet | leto | eton
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- the internal supporting structure that gives an artifact its shape;
"the building has a steel skeleton"
- the hard structure (bones and cartilages) that provides a frame for the body of an animal
- a scandal that is kept secret;
"there must be a skeleton somewhere in that family's closet"
- something reduced to its minimal form;
"the battalion was a mere skeleton of its former self";
"the bare skeleton of a novel"
|Abbreviation||shortening something by omitting parts of it|
|Abridgement||a shortened version of a written work|
|Abridgment||a shortened version of a written work|
|Abstract||a concept or idea not associated with any specific instance|
"he loved her only in the abstract--not in person"
|Abstraction||a general concept formed by extracting common features from specific examples|
|Adumbrate||give to understand|
"I insinuated that I did not like his wife"
|Aggrandizement||the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something|
"the aggrandizement of the king"
"his elevation to cardinal"
|Alleviation||the act of reducing something unpleasant (as pain or annoyance)|
"he asked the nurse for relief from the constant pain"
View all cognitive synonyms for Skeleton
|Chassis||the skeleton of a motor vehicle consisting of a steel frame supported on springs that holds the body and motor|
|Hoop||horizontal hoop with a net through which players try to throw the basketball|
|Building||the act of constructing or building something;|
"during the construction we had to take a detour";
"his hobby was the building of boats"
Skeleton Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters