- Types Of Speech
- You can use station as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Station
- A 2 syllables noun and 7 letters with the letters a, i, n, o, s, and t, 4 consonants, 3 vowels and 2 syllables with the middle letter t. Station starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, st, sta, stat, stati, and the ending characters are n, on, ion, tion, ation, ..
- A facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose; "he started looking for a gas station"; "the train pulled into the station"
- Middle English
- Compound Words
- A compound word, station has more than one word within it. There's 2 words which are stat, and ion.
- Is station a scrabble word? A 7 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Station in Pig Latin is said as "ationstay or ationstway".
- s | t | a | t | i | o | n
- st | ta | at | ti | io | on
- sta | tat | ati | tio | ion
- stat | tati | atio | tion
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose;
"he started looking for a gas station";
"the train pulled into the station"
- the position where someone (as a guard or sentry) stands or is assigned to stand;
"a soldier manned the entrance post";
"a sentry station"
- (nautical) the location to which a ship or fleet is assigned for duty
- proper or designated social situation;
"he overstepped his place";
"the responsibilities of a man in his station";
"married above her station"
- Verb Examples
- assign to a station
|Affectation||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Affectedness||a deliberate pretense or exaggerated display|
|Agribusiness||a large-scale farming enterprise|
|Agriculture||the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock|
|Angle||a biased way of looking at or presenting something|
"a beautifully appointed house"
|Appointment||(law) the act of disposing of property by virtue of the power of appointment|
"she allocated part of the trust to her church by appointment"
|Arm||the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person|
|Assign||select something or someone for a specific purpose|
"The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
View all cognitive synonyms for Station
|Station||a facility equipped with special equipment and personnel for a particular purpose|
"he started looking for a gas station"
"the train pulled into the station"
View English words with the unique letters used in station. Words With The Letters Ainost
|Facility||a service that an organization or a piece of equipment offers you|
"a cell phone with internet facility"
|Installation||the act of installing something (as equipment)|
"the telephone installation took only a few minutes"
|Depot||a depository for goods;|
"storehouses were built close to the docks"
|Firehouse||a station housing fire apparatus and firemen|
|First Aid Station|
|Powerhouse||an electrical generating station|
View All Hyponyms For Station
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Situation (9 letters)||9 +2||11 +3||situation|
|Stations (8 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||stations|
|Satiation (9 letters)||9 +2||10 +2||satiation|
|Station (7 letters)||7||8||station|
|Ostinato (8 letters)||8 +1||9 +1||ostinato|
|Onanist (7 letters)||7||9 +1||onanist|
|Antoninus (9 letters)||9 +2||13 +5||unisonant|
|Antonius (8 letters)||8 +1||11 +3||ainnostu|
|Saxitoxin (9 letters)||23 +16||24 +16||aiinostxx|
|Sonatina (8 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||sonatina|
|Unisonant (9 letters)||9 +2||13 +5||unisonant|
|Sinuation (9 letters)||9 +2||12 +4||aiinnostu|
|Sonation (8 letters)||8 +1||10 +2||sonation|
|Anoints (7 letters)||7||9 +1||onanist|
Station Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With N
- Spelled With / Contains Letters