- Types Of Speech
- You can use step as a noun or as a verb in a sentence.
- About Step
- A 1 syllables noun and 4 letters with the letters e, p, s, and t, 3 consonants, 1 vowels and 1 syllables with the middle letters te. Step starts with and ends in a consonant with the starting letters s, st, ste, and the ending characters are p, ep, tep, ..
- Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal; "the situation called for strong measures"; "the police took steps to reduce crime"
- Middle English
- School Grade
- Step is set as a kindergarten word that starts with s, ends with p, 1 syllables, 1 vowels and 4 letters.
- Is step a scrabble word? A 6 point word in scrabble. Check the word games tab below for probability, odds and more.
- Pig Latin
- Step in Pig Latin is said as "epstay or epstway".
- s | t | e | p
- st | te | ep
- ste | tep
- Word Gram
- Noun Examples
- any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal;
"the situation called for strong measures";
"the police took steps to reduce crime"
- the act of changing location by raising the foot and setting it down;
"he walked with unsteady steps"
- a sequence of foot movements that make up a particular dance;
"he taught them the waltz step"
- support consisting of a place to rest the foot while ascending or descending a stairway;
"he paused on the bottom step"
- a solid block joined to the beams in which the heel of a ship's mast or capstan is fixed
- a mark of a foot or shoe on a surface;
"the police made casts of the footprints in the soft earth outside the window"
- a musical interval of two semitones
- the sound of a step of someone walking;
"he heard footsteps on the porch"
- the distance covered by a step;
"he stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- a short distance;
"it's only a step to the drugstore"
- relative position in a graded series;
"always a step behind";
"subtle gradations in color";
"keep in step with the fashions"
- Verb Examples
- move or proceed as if by steps into a new situation;
"She stepped into a life of luxury";
"he won't step into his father's footsteps"
- measure (distances) by pacing;
"step off ten yards"
- place (a ship's mast) in its step
- shift or move by taking a step;
- put down or press the foot, place the foot;
"For fools rush in where angels fear to tread";
"step on the brake"
- walk a short distance to a specified place or in a specified manner;
"step over to the blackboard"
- move with one's feet in a specific manner;
- furnish with steps;
"The architect wants to step the terrace"
- treat badly;
"This boss abuses his workers";
"She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
- cause (a computer) to execute a single command
|Abdicate||give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations|
"The King abdicated when he married a divorcee"
"The car accelerated"
|Accomplishment||the action of accomplishing something|
|Ace||a serve that the receiver is unable to reach|
|Achievement||the action of accomplishing something|
|Act||something that people do or cause to happen|
|Action||something done (usually as opposed to something said)|
"there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions"
View all cognitive synonyms for Step
|Step||any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal|
"the situation called for strong measures"
"the police took steps to reduce crime"
|Sept||people descended from a common ancestor|
"his family has lived in Massachusetts since the Mayflower"
|Pest||a persistently annoying person|
View English words with the unique letters used in step. Words With The Letters Epst
|Maneuver||an action aimed at evading an opponent|
|Manoeuvre||an action aimed at evading an opponent|
|Countermeasure||an action taken to offset another action|
|Guard||a position on a basketball team|
View All Names For Step
|Word||Scrabble||Words With Friends||Word Chums||4Pics1Word||Jumble|
|Upset (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||setup|
|Step (4 letters)||6||7||step|
|Setup (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||setup|
|Psetta (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||psetta|
|Steps (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||steps|
|Aspect (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||aspect|
|Stapes (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||stapes|
|Pectus (6 letters)||10 +4||13 +6||pectus|
|Septet (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||septet|
|Spate (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||paste|
|Paste (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||paste|
|Sept (4 letters)||6||7||step|
|Steep (5 letters)||7 +1||8 +1||steep|
|Steppe (6 letters)||10 +4||12 +5||eeppst|
|Pest (4 letters)||6||7||step|
|Peseta (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||peseta|
|Set Up (6 letters)|
|Pasted (6 letters)||9 +3||10 +3||pasted|
|Setp (4 letters)||6||7||step|
|Swept (5 letters)||10 +4||11 +4||swept|
|Stupe (5 letters)||7 +1||9 +2||setup|
|Aptest (6 letters)||8 +2||9 +2||psetta|
Step Is In These Word Lists
- Starts With S
- Ends With P
- Spelled With / Contains Letters